spring gully stays

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

spring gully stays

Postby madcamper » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:38 am

Hi everyone, We have just returned from our trip at 'levuka'..... We had a great time, loved the place, but thought it was a bit far for the weekend.. We are thinking of going out to Canungra in a few weeks time and heading to 'spring gully stays'. Has anybody been camping there recently, or can give me any tips or advise on the place? Thanks
madcamper
Camping King

Re: spring gully stays

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am

I was there a couple of weekends ago. There are 2 areas, one on this side of the creek will all amenities and bush camping on the other side with little or no amenities and very cheap as in $10 per site per night.

Paul had placed portable loos on the bush camping side but you will need to check if this is to be a permanent thing or not.

In the main area they have a local tour operator who brings his group there for lunch with whip cracking demonstrations, boomerang throwing etc. They also sometimes have morning or afternoon tea functions as well.

Paul told me they had a huge deluge of water through there in January this year and there is a lot of evidence of that still around the creek.

I love camping on both sides but it depends on how well set up you are.

The attached pics are of the bush camping side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby madcamper » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:29 am

Thanks Gypsy, they are great photos. I like the sound of the bush camping side. We have our own shower and toilet setup, so it sounds perfect. Just a quick question.... do you take your own drinking water? And im guessing that you are allowed to have a fire anywhere on the bush camping side... is that right? Cheers Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:38 am

Madcamper, Have a look at this thread, it got a bot of info.viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2019

I did a recon there late last year, and it was quite a good setup. Its on my list of places to take the family.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby madcamper » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks for that Troyk...... That was great, and you do such a wonderful job on here! Im still learning my way around the site, i guess i should of looked it up in the 'park reviews' first.... Thanks again Jackie
madcamper
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:24 am

madcamper wrote:. Just a quick question.... do you take your own drinking water? And im guessing that you are allowed to have a fire anywhere on the bush camping side... is that right? Cheers Jackie

Yes Jackie you need to take drinking water if you are camping on the other side but water for showers etc you can get from the creek if need be.

And yes you can pretty well have a fire anywhere provided there are no fire bans.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations