Carters Road campsite

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Carters Road campsite

Postby Stork » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:51 am

Has anyone camped at the Carters Road camping area (off the Mount Buller Rd near Sawmill Settlement)? I'm looking at camping there for a couple of days but during what will most likely be a busy time (The High Country Cycling Challenge weekend next March) and just wondered how large this camping area was. Any comments about this site would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Stork

Re: Carters Road campsite

Postby Redback » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:01 am

I have, what do you want too know about it, there are a few sites in there.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby Stork » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:15 am

Cheers Redback,

Just wanting to know if there is plenty of room in there and if it gets busy and crowded. I will be there on a weekend when there may be a few people about and will probably arrive in the evening. I won't need much space as I will just be planting a tent.

Thanks mate
Stork

Postby Redback » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:27 am

It can get pretty crowded and the campsites aren't large, so once you have a spot, you will most likely have it too yourself, if you spread out and make it look like there are a few of you staying there is always a good idea.

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations