two weeks round trip Port Macquarie to Imbil

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

two weeks round trip Port Macquarie to Imbil

Postby chelle jay » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:42 pm

i'm just searching and searching this site! Love it so far. Hubby and i are borrowing a friend's caravan and want to take our boys (2+half and 6months) on a two week holiday early November. We had no clue about direction or anything until i came on here to look around. i've found heaps of great looking camp grounds!

We love the look of the sites around Imbil that i've seen here so far so i think we're sold on that... it's a little further north than we had planned but the Borumba Deer park or Spring Gully photos have us won over. But i have not found anywhere else for a stopover south of there... any suggestions?

We are in Port Macquarie so might stay a couple of nights somewhere around Yaraygir or Bundjalung, and then head up to the Brisbane area for a couple of nights and then up to Imbil and then do something similar in reverse on the way home. We want to go to Wiggle World on the Gold Coast :lol: and stay somewhere inexpensive with a creek etc. but don't really need any other facilities.

Any suggestions for camp grounds in that general area? TIA!
me, him, and two young boys planning to sell up and see Australia
chelle jay

Re: two weeks round trip Port Macquarie to Imbil

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi again chelle, my recommendation would be to purchase the publication Camps Auatralia Wide 4. It will give you a number of the less expensive and even free campgrounds aust wide.

I suggest that you purchase it from your local auto club which looks like it might be NRMA and get it at the discounted price. Get the one with the snaps and that will also give you a small view of what to expect.

I have friends who live 'on the road' and this is their bible.

PS

I forgot to mention that with a caravan it will be a lot easier to do these free campsites too.

Cheers Gypsy..
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: two weeks round trip Port Macquarie to Imbil

Postby Troyk » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Chelle,

You might want to have a look at Sharp Park / River Bend camping grounds just outside Canungra (approx $5ppn for adults, kids $2pn). They are not to far from Dreamworld. if you are going to be there around 7 to 9 Nov, you can even catch up with a few forum members.

Further details here viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1906

Of course Spring Gully Stays is not too far away. :mrgreen:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Return to Camping Tips and Locations