Booking ahead for the X-mass New Year period??

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Booking ahead for the X-mass New Year period??

Postby theo54au » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 pm

New to this forum and new to Camping in Australia. I was wondering if it would be absolutely necessary to book a tent site ahead for the summer season. We will be traveling to the Qld. area between Cairns and Mackay for a few weeks. As I don't like planning anything ahead, because I might want to stay a few more nights in one place or another, I might be missing out at all. Any experienced ideas here?
Thanks all. :cheers
theo54au

Re: Booking ahead for the X-mass New Year period??

Postby amanda » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:36 am

Definetly book - especially if you are heading to coastal areas.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby HGMonaro » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:33 am

Hate having to book too far ahead too. Fine if that's your only destination but if you're touring around it's a pain. You might be 'North' of the 'must book' areas... need someone with actual experience in the area as we've yet to get to that area, just a 'hunch'. We have a camper, but not being dependant on power have always managed a site even in some 'must book' areas.

Nige.
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby Beagle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:13 pm

I would have thought that at Xmas time in Makay to Cairns region, places would not be too bad as most people tend to visit in "winter" when it is not so hot. Also after Xmas you are starting to get into the storm season.
Beagle
Captain Camping

Return to Camping Tips and Locations