Floors inside your tent

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Floors inside your tent

Postby bobok » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:43 pm

I use shade cloth under the tent (I learnt that tarps are crap when water came through from puddles under the tent) and also put down blankets under our self-inflating mattresses for extra warmth. Seems to work. I also put blankets on the floor through the rest of the tent as it cushions and feel better than hard ground.

What do people put on the floors of their tents? Anything? If you have shade cloth under your tent, do you still need something inside for water?
bobok

Re: Floors inside your tent

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 am

I use a large heavy cotton mat.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dan2diver » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:00 pm

we have a roll of marine carpet that rolls out across the floor of our camper. Nice to walk on, does not matter if gets a bit damp as can hang and dry and will not rot. If it is looking grubby take it out shake it off and put it back down. it is also grooved so sand dirt disapppears till it is shaken off.
HooRoo
Dan2diver
dan2diver

Postby ben... » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:04 pm

i used shade cloth in my tent days, and one of those carpet rugs inside. Now that we have a CT we just use those rubber click together floors with the holes in them inside now. works perfect.
ben...
Post Machine!

Return to Camping Tips and Locations