1770/Agnes Waters

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

1770/Agnes Waters

Postby Ricklanga » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:45 pm

My family and I are heading to Mackay at the end of August for my nephews wedding and have decided to stop off around 1770 or Agness Waters for a camp on the way. We have wanted to check out the area for a while and as it is about half way between Brissy and Mackay we thought why not. Most of the places that I have found in the area don't allow pets and I don't want to leave our little dog behind. One place I have found in the area that does allow pets is Baffle Bobs has anybody stayed here or know of any other pet friendly camping grounds/caravan parks in the area. We are seriously considering cheating and renting a caravan so as to avoid the hassle of setting up/breaking camp on this trip and also for the security. We would like to spend most of our time checking out the area without worrying about our gear getting knocked off. Any help or advice appreciated.

--
Richard.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Re: 1770/Agnes Waters

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Richard, onsite vans will not allow you to have your pet inside....they are only allowed in your own accommodation.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AussieSunset » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Captain Cook CP does allow pets but out of peek periods only. I have stayed at this park years ago and it's was really good. They had dogs there then too. I liked the bush settings it's got and the walk to the beach isn't a bad little stroll. Lovely area. I would also recommend doing a trip on the LARC too. Fantastic outing for the day on the LARC. I dont think you'd have to worry about gear getting knocked off in this CP as it's not right in the tourist part of 1770.
I dont think any CP will allow pets in onsite accomadation but no harm in asking. They can only say no.
Link for the Captain Cook CP
http://www.1770holidayvillage.com/
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Ricklanga » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Gypsylady, I checked with the lady at Baffle Bobs and she said they alowed dogs in some of the vans that don't have carpet in them.

AussieSunset,

I rang the Captain Cook CP and they won't allow dogs in any of their but are fine in your own tent or van.
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:44 am

ricklanga wrote:
Gypsylady, I checked with the lady at Baffle Bobs and she said they alowed dogs in some of the vans that don't have carpet in them.

Well....there is a first time for everything Richard. I must say I am very glad to hear that someone is finally behaving in a sensible manner about pets in vans/cabins.

I had a woman once tell me that my girls might have fleas which is why they would not allow dogs inside the cabins. (Obviously had not heard of flea bombs)

I offered to pay her $100 for every flea she found on my girls......needless to say she was not at all happy with this suggestion.

I am sure there are some canine kids out there with fleas....but surely it would be easy enough to bomb the van/cabin after the event if it were necessary.

I am also pretty sure it would be an easy mark to pick the people with dogs where this would not be an issue.

I for one would glady pay the extra few dollars for a flea bomb if it meant I could have my dog inside with me rather than tied up outside.

But then I am one who is always quite happy to pay a bond also to have my girls with me.....I KNOW I will always get it back and there are plenty of dog owners who are just as confident as I am.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ricklanga » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Yeah and I've met more than a few people that aren't as clean as my dog. I bet they don't have to sleep outside. :***
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Postby Lost Man » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 am

When I was up that way a few years ago I found a great camping site on the waters edge called Bustard Beach. I cant remember how to get there but it was kind of inbetween the 1770 and Agnes. There was an inlet type river that was full of fish that ran down one side of the site. It was a bush camp set up, and I saw somone had dog.
Hope that helps.
Lost Man
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations