Bestbrook @ Maryvale

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: Bestbrook @ Maryvale

Postby lorichevy8 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:18 pm

So the time is drawing near. We are in the process of adjusting a few things on the camper trailer after our maiden trip on the weekend.

Did you end up going up to Bestbrook for a day trip?

Lori
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby Bella » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Yes we did we went 2 Sundays ago and had lunch and a look around. Met Ray but Elise wasn't there at the time. Helen was there. It looks great, we will be camping in Tranquility, heading up there on Wednesday arvo hopefully. Yes have to get to gear out and do a check b4 heading as the tent and equipment hasn't been out since August!!!! Ken and myself and the kids are really looking fwd to kicking back and just spending time together and having a few quite drinks in the arvo :cheers . Our friends are all arriving on the Friday I believe, so we will mark out there areas as well. Hope to meet you there at some stage
Cheers
Michelle
Bella
Camping King

Postby lorichevy8 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Sounds great. We will be arriving on Friday morning. We will be camping on the very end of the Golf Course. Pop on down for a cuppa. You will see the Camper trailer several motorbikes and the blue rodeo.

Lori & Dave
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby lorichevy8 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Well we have returned from our Easter Trip to Bestbrook. We were very lucky to get out as the weather turned quite nasty over the last couple of days and the ground becomes more of a skating rink than dirt and grass. I became the camp entertainment this morning when trying to drive my little Honda Jazz out through the camping grounds and back up to the coach house. Let's just say that I had no problems unlike the others heading out after me. Slow and steady definately wins the race.

The boys enjoyed their motorbike riding and I went on a trail ride on a very large 17 hand horse called Reuben. A great night was had by all on Saturday night and the entertainment was top class. Although I don't know how many people enjoyed my rather amateur attempt at a Wendy Matthews song. At least I had a try!!!

Michelle, Did you end up getting up to Bestbrook over the break? I hope you weren't one of the unfortunates who decided to go 4WD on Saturday afternoon. I believe there are still 3 vehicles stranded on the mountain as we speak. I was hoping to catch up for a cuppa but there were so many people I am not surprised we didn't catch up. Maybe the next trip.
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby Bella » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:43 am

We too arrived back from our trip to Bestbrook yesterday afternoon. We decided to stay till Monday as our kids were having a lovely time and we went for a trail ride on Monday morning which was nice (it rained :grin: ). Kids caught heaps of yabbies in the creek which they loved doing. It was great sitting around the camp fire at night as we joined in with the group that were camped next to us and my children really enjoyed playing with them. They also enjoyed riding their push bikes around as well. (they too need to be hit with the gurney to get all the mud off them.

Glad to here you where the entertainment Lori, we too had a lot of entertainment with people sliding around on the roads. No we didn't get stuck up the mountain but people camping next to us did. A friend of theirs who is a real 4WD enthusiast come on Sunday and managed to get him out on Monday with much applause :+ when the fellow that was bogged made it back down to tranquility. Sorry I didn't catch up with you for that cuppa as you mentioned all the people and also the slippery roads. We definately will be going up again as I would like the kids to get into a bit more horse riding (Bruce was fantastic with the kids, and we had a great natter about horses as i'm an old horse rider from my childhood-youth.

I have to say with over 500 people there you wouldn't have know it. We never waited for a shower (though we did go up at about 8-9 b4 kids went to bed as my boy was so muddy, and loving it)
Bella
Camping King

Postby lorichevy8 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:36 am

It's great to hear you had a good time. Did you see the motorbikes while you were there? There were around 10 bikes in our crew and they all had a great time riding on the other side of the road. Did it rain on Monday? It poured down here in Brisbane.

My house still looks like a chinese laundry trying to get everything dry.

We are heading up there again in a couple of weeks. Maybe we will meet up sometime in the future over one of Mum's famous devonshire teas.
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations