Photos and things camping

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Photos and things camping

Postby offroader » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi all

If you follow this link to my website it'll show photos of where I've been camping and offroad driving. I hope you enjoy it.

http://spaces.msn.com/dirtroad15/Person ... 02_owner=1

Cheers all

Offroader
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Mon May 01, 2006 11:13 am

Good blog mate ... you seem to get around ...

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby offroader » Tue May 02, 2006 11:05 am

Thanks for your thoughts Scol ... yeah I love to get around ... usually once a month I'll go camping somewhere and I go 4x4 driving any chance I get
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Tue May 02, 2006 11:13 am

We've just come back from Kalbarri ... about 600k's north of Perth ... lots of sand 4wd'ing ... and did I mention the fish? :)

We get away about once every two months although I sometimes nick off on my own for a week when the city ticks me off ... actually ... if I did that I'd be away every week! :shock:

The next planned trip is Southern Cross ... about 200k's West of Kalgoorlie ... it's a gold prosepcting place but it's too much much hard work for me so I stick with my photography.

I'll be off to Esperance and Albany for a few weeks in November .

Nice to meet you Offroader.

:)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby offroader » Tue May 02, 2006 12:43 pm

Hey Scols

It's great to meet like minded people :D Seems that you also get away at any opportunity. I envy your choice of locations. I am on the Gold Coast and have very limited 4x4 tracks here, I need to travel a few hours up to the Sunshine Coast hinterland or just north of Brisbane to a place called Mt Mee State Forest - excellent 4x4 tracks there.

I wish you well in your travels and look forward to hearing of your adventures. Perhaps our paths will cross one day. Take care.

Nick (offroader)
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Tue May 02, 2006 3:24 pm

We're pretty lucky here in Perth (depsite Ozzy's snide coments :P ). There's a great beach fishing spot about one hours drive north of here and the only way in is via 4wd. We go whenever the weather allows us (in a mates fourbie) and camp on the beach. Also, just at the back of us is The Hills (a VERY small version of Blue Mountains) and there's heaps of tracks up there for some serious offroading.

Damn ... I'm wanting to get out again!

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby offroader » Tue May 02, 2006 5:02 pm

Hey Scol

Sounds like there is some pretty good 4x4 tracks over in the west ..... just writing about this does make you want to get out again !!! :) :!:

Cheers Nick
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Tue May 02, 2006 5:11 pm

Yeah ... shame I'm stuck infront of the 'puter for a minimum of two weeks .... :( ... I'll just ahve to look at my previous camping pics .. :roll:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby offroader » Tue May 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Similar thing here ... but I have to wait 4 weeks :x ... times like this I too look at all my pics
Gotta sign off for the day
later
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue May 02, 2006 5:51 pm

Scolers wrote:We're pretty lucky here in Perth (depsite Ozzy's snide coments :P ).....

Cheers ...

Scol.

I only bag perth cause i'm jealous :mrgreen:

I HATE SHI*NEY SOOOO MUCH Image
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Tue May 02, 2006 5:57 pm

If you ever leave Sydney you'll find it VERY hard to go back ... my parents and siblings are there and despite the fact that I would like to be closer to them I jsut won't go and live there.

My 2c worth ... :wink:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby offroader » Wed May 03, 2006 8:31 am

I too have family in Sydney and lived there, but I also think the best thing to come out of Sydney is the Pacific Highway

Cheers Nick :D
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Guest » Wed May 03, 2006 9:13 am

Hi all,

Having moved from Sydney to the Gold Coast over 13 years ago, I would have to say that there are a multitude of places I would rather move than back there. Then I got tired Of the Gold Coast so moved an hour west.

Offroader, have you tried some of the parks out past Beaudesert (Cityview is located 5 minutes from home) and Woodenbong? I came across another track on Mt Barney, although it wasnt serious 4wheeling, it still beat sitting at home. No doubt youv'e been to Crystal Vale in Murwillumbah and Levuka offers some pretty good 4wheeling along with Emu Creek, Rover Park etc. Instead of heading north, there is Yurigir NP down past Yamba as well as some tracks around the Richmond Ranges. Admittably these aren't overly close to the Gold Coast but getting there can be enjoyable too I reckon.

Cheers

Cheiffy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Wed May 03, 2006 11:25 am

For me it's the Great Western Hwy ... Pacific Hwy won't take me where I want to go ... 8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby offroader » Wed May 03, 2006 12:46 pm

Either - or, Scol :D
offroader
Boy Scout

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations