favourite easter camping spots????

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

favourite easter camping spots????

Postby mummyfishy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi all,
I am desperate to go camping over the Easter break and would love to hear everyones favourite spot in QLD.I am also very interested to hear of places with good fishing near by.
thanks for your help
mummyfishy

Re: favourite easter camping spots????

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:41 pm

Might be a good idea for you to give us some idea of where you are located in order to answer your question.

And WELCOME mummyfishy to the forum....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Yep, where would you like to go. I know a good spot on the Tweed River and another at Karumba in the north. :***
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Derek wrote:Yep, where would you like to go. I know a good spot on the Tweed River and another at Karumba in the north. :***

My point too Derek...

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:25 am

Where's your spot on the Tweed River Derek?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby mummyfishy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks for the welcome gypsylady
I'm in Toowoomba but willing to travel 6 or so hours for the right spot for the week.
Thanks for the advise so far everyone :grin:
mummyfishy

Postby Wrecksie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:28 am

Hi there

we've spent the last couple of Easters at Bigriggen, Rathdowney. Theres been a few posts and reviews on the forum you could check out. Or try their website http://www.bigriggen.com.au/.

This year for Easter though we have decided to try somewhere different and are heading to Goomburra Valley Campground near Warwick

though this close to easter might be a bit of challenge to get into a lot of places. I know when i was ringing around last November many places i tried in SE Qld were already booked out then.

anyway good luck

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby Smileandhug » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:20 am

Try Theodore, Queensland if ya want a nice spot to lay back at. But ya better check with the local publican and ring him and ask him how it is at Easter. Guess like all places, be packed out, but ya never know. But must say nice town to park up next too. River just on the outskirts of town and thats where ya camp. Walkin distance to the pub.
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Postby Earl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Depends on what you call fishing, the fine art of casting lures or the mess of drowning bait. I live in Gladstone and suffer from IBD (Impoundment Barra Disease) and need a weekly fix at Awoonga Dam. My definition of camping – somewhere to charge boat batteries, have a feed and drink, have a laugh with mates and then grab some shut eye.

Pure Barra Fishing – Awoonga Dam
Haven’t camped at the caravan park so can’t comment, since the new managers have taken over have only heard good reports. I normally do overnighters on the dam and throw swag onto bank for a few hours sleep. Don’t be sucked in by the slick television fishing shows and 2 minutes experts on how easy barra are to catch

Barra fishing and great camping – Lake Monduran (north of Bundaberg)
Great barra fishing and camping, highly recommended if you put equal rating on both camping and fishing.

Bass and Toga (and other fish) plus camping – Cania Dam
Last Easter headed for Cania with work mates and families for a camping weekend, not fishing purest like myself. I had a ball, up early everyday (4am) while the ‘campers’ slept and caught heaps of fish, plus had a great time at camp. Stayed at the park closet to the dam, which has plenty of facilities and activities for the kids. Cania has plenty to offer, walking tracks, caves, winery, dam, etc etc. Being a fisherman first I found it fairly crowded. Highly recommend.

Was planning to head to Cania the week before Easter but due to family illness trip has been postponed indefinitely

Regards
Earl
Earl

Return to Camping Tips and Locations