[NSW] Easter Camping location ideas please?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

[NSW] Easter Camping location ideas please?

Postby acamper11 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi guys,

I live in Sydney and am desperate to get out of the city for the easter long weekend.

I would love some suggestions! here are the details I can think of you would need to help me out:

I live in Sydney on the Northern Beaches and willing to trave 2 hours out of Sydney (I can push this but with the traffic is sucks going tooo far)
Must be suitable for recreation camper, I have a big tent, tarp, kitchen setup but I am no expert.
Would be fantastic if we could have an open fire, other cooking equipment will be taken along (fire bbq would be ok)
Possibility of taking pets (hopefully!)
I have a 4wd but its a sports car, no full on beast.
Would be nice to be near some sort of water, lake, river, beach - maybe even a spot of fishing?

I know its not far off to Easter and I might be limited to spots, but any advice would be great!

cheers,

Alex.
acamper11

Re: [NSW] Easter Camping location ideas please?

Postby 2003gxl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Alex,

There are lots of places to go over easter, it's just trying to figure out which direction to go to. Last year we went to the bridle track out near hill end . There were lots of people out that way but as there is about 8 different camp areas along the bridle track we just drove into all of them and decided that they were too full and drove to the next one which was only a few klms down the track. It was a great weekend and would recommend it to others. Otherwise you could try newnes which is not far past lithgow also dunn swamp which is out near rylstone ( Do't let the swamp part put you off it's great there as well but does get a bit crowded went here easter 2007). Or down south there is coolendel ( They charge $25 per adut per night But a nice spot). Or maybe if you can get a hold of a book trips around sydney it may also help. I am yet to decide where to go this easter. But probably wherever you go there will be traffic to contend with. there is also a book I think it's called 4wd treks close to sydney. We have done a few trips with mates who have the book and it was very helpfull :+

Best Of Luck
Greg
Greg
GXL 3ltr TD Prado Auto and Alloy Bullbar , IPF Extremes, Dual batteries, Safari Dtronics Chip radiator bash plate,uhf, Mandrel Bent Exhaust 2inch Lift & Gdyr MTR 70 series play tyres on steelies
2003gxl

Return to Camping Tips and Locations