1000KM Trip from Brisbane/Dalby/Brisbane over 9 days.

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

1000KM Trip from Brisbane/Dalby/Brisbane over 9 days.

Postby Smileandhug » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Well here’s a trip to consider if ya ever have a week off work and feel like doing a trip that covers 1000km.
I left Brisbane and then camped at Summerset Dam for 2 nights. The campsite located at the end of dam and is accessed from the Kilcoy/Esk road and is 24KM from Kilcoy. It takes CT’s and tents, cheap to stay at and on the edge of the dam. You have no showers, but modern toilets are available. There is a General Store across the road and you are 2KM from the Spit where you can safely swim and watch the ski boats.
Then left there to go and camp at Maidenwell so I could use the Star Observatory which is located next to the pub. Is a bit dear at $25 but if ya wanna see the stars and get them explained to you, well it’s the place. You can camp behind the pub or down the road towards the fall which is a natural large rock swimming hole, 2KM from the pub. General Store there opposite the pub. The water in the swim hole is cool but is a relaxing place where it is located.
I then went to Bunya Mountains for a night but must say the area for camping was green and nice but lacked shade. But the wallabies were cool to watch and it was $4.50 a nite per adult to stay. Has a modern shower/toilet set up.
Then I went to Chinchilla and stayed out at Condamine Weir which is 8KM from town. The weir was full, swimming was nice, you can camp for the first 2 nights for free and has free power, but only has toilets tho.
I then went to Lake Broadwater National Park 28KM west of Dalby, excellent new toilets/showers and the bird life is unreal to watch. Overall an awesome trip and to top it off I had lunch at Blue Mountain Hotel on the Crows Nest Road on the edge of Toowoomba on the way home. The view is spectacular.
Must say if ya ever near Esk and heading to Brisbane via Summerset Dam, get a feed and have lunch at O’Shea Park a park for day stops only but nice to see the water from where you sit under the covered areas. It’s just out of Esk.
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Re: 1000KM Trip from Brisbane/Dalby/Brisbane over 9 days.

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Where are the pics JG???
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Smileandhug » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:21 pm

YEAH WILL GET THEM AND PUT THEM ON THERE FOR YOU TO HAVE A LOOK AT THEM
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Thanks...looking forward to seeing them....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations