Is there a swimming hole at Mapleton near Maleny??

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Is there a swimming hole at Mapleton near Maleny??

Postby Smileandhug » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Just going camping at Maleny for the weekend and heard there is a swimming hole near by? Is it the one at Mapleton? If there is one , how do you get to it thanks.

JG
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Re: Is there a swimming hole at Mapleton near Maleny??

Postby cokebottle » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Smileandhug wrote:Just going camping at Maleny for the weekend and heard there is a swimming hole near by? Is it the one at Mapleton? If there is one , how do you get to it thanks.

JG

Have you tried doing a Google search? I did one & it came up with a few results, but I have never heard of the place, make sure you use google.com.au otherwise you may get world wide results.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby ben... » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:30 pm

your probably talking about mapelton falls, but you can also swim at borumba damn catchmen.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby QueenslandPommie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:30 am

There is a swimming hole at Kondallila Falls which is between Montville and Mapleton. It's a beautiful spot and I'd say about a 20 minute stroll from the car park.
QueenslandPommie

Postby BillyO » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Yes you have Mapleton Falls strangely enough at Mapleton, and Kondalilla Falls near Montville just along the range a bit, then closer to Maleny is Gardners Falls, very popular, my kids go there a lot during summer, and at Maleny Showgrounds is another smaller swimming hole with a swinging rope on a tree. Nice drive along the top of the range and great views over to the Sunshine Coast and Hinterland. Enjoy your time up there. BillyO.
BillyO

Return to Camping Tips and Locations