Camping Easter Yuraygir

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping Easter Yuraygir

Postby heathers » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi; can anyone recommend a good camping site in either Wooli, Brooms Head, Corindi, Red Rock, Pebbly Beach, Sandon etc (needs to have boat launching facilities :) - not too fussed on noise, don't need flash facilities, have 4WD...but don't know how likely we are to get a campsite (very short notice, haha, was planning on Fraser, but going to rain...
heathers

Re: Camping Easter Yuraygir

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Wooli is first in best dressed , and we have managed to snag a spot there during Easter in the past. It was a bit on the crowded side, but OK. Having said that, you would definetely need to get there as early as possible on Thursday I would think, by Friday it would be too late. Facility wise there are drop loos, water and firewood.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Camping Easter Yuraygir

Postby heathers » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks, sadly we can't leave before Thursday pm :( - I've been browsing Red Rock (and Pebbly Beach) - both look really nice, but not sure my chances of getting in (the park sites are also first in best dressed...) I've been speaking to someone from Solitary Islands Park, she might have a site, but I'm a bit wary about Wooli Bar (river, not pub, LOL) as I've heard it's very dangerous...
heathers

Return to Camping Tips and Locations