1770 & Hervey Bay

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

1770 & Hervey Bay

Postby New to camping » Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am

I am looking to go camping at 1770 and Hervey bay and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions on the best camping grounds.
New to camping
Boy Scout

Re: 1770 & Hervey Bay

Postby AussieSunset » Sat May 23, 2009 10:46 am

Captain Cook CP in 1770 is a good CP last time i was there. Book a trip on the LARK. You'll love it. Hervey Bay i'm not sure about. Haven't spent much time there.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby CampGrrlz » Sat May 23, 2009 5:46 pm

AussieSunset wrote:Hervey Bay

HB is a built-up touristy place, motor cars wall to wall. The CPs from what I saw outside of their fences, are tent-peg-to-tent-peg.

1770 otoh is pollution-free, open, exquisite turquoise water, whitish to golden sand - there could hardly be two more different places. I see 1770 as a half-way between bush camping and the all-mod-cons-tourist-park with the bonus of superb fishing.

Have a great time whichever place you choose :grin:

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Jo&Kev » Sun May 24, 2009 8:32 am

There are several places to camp around 1770. There is a van park and a camping area all within a short walk of the marina, which is the 'hub' of 1770. There is also the Deepwater NP back around past Agnes Water where the camping is cheap but fairly basic.

We stayed here http://www.1770campinggrounds.com/ and it was fantastic. If you are planning to go in school holidays bookings would be essential. It was busy when we were there and we were luck to get a site, mainly because someone had gone home early. The chap who was managing the place was extremely helpful and the facilities fantastic - camp kitchen, laundry and clean shower block.

Never been to Hervey Bay so I can't help out with that one.

Kev
Our blog - with bigger pics!
http://actnswcamping.blogspot.com/
Jo&Kev
Post Machine!

Postby TBF » Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 am

If it were'nt for the whales, i wouldn't go to Hervey BAy.
1770 camp ground is close to the water.
The facilities are a little run down. (June 08)

If you have a 4wd, the National Parks to the north and south are a must for a day trip.
All in all, I'll be going back for a week or two next time.

Aart
TBF
Camping Veteran

Return to Camping Tips and Locations