need help in finding a great camping spot

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

need help in finding a great camping spot

Postby woodsa1974 » Tue May 30, 2006 1:33 pm

can any one help us out we are after a great camping spot to take our two young boys, we are currently going to evens head caravan park and yes we do love it though the facilities there are limited - no games room or pool for the kids, so we are on the hunt for great spots that we can try out , we also have a dog but we are unsure if it if worth taking him as we would be restricted in were we go and if we wish to dine out for tea we can not go because of the dog? maybe some one can give us some nice locations arround 2 to 3 hours from the gold coast. :lol: :!:
cheers happy campers
woodsa1974

Postby Kramer » Tue May 30, 2006 2:11 pm

Rainbow beach has a nice caravan park which has all that you wanted, games room, TV room and a pool. You can take dogs but only in the unpowered sites section I think? (I have only stayed in the unpowered sites).

It is a nice place to stay lots of places to eat out as well! There are some nice freshwater lakes in the state forest which involve some bushwalking to get to (its not really hard walking a mate of mine did it with a fractured leg!). Lots of places to swim and go fishing.

If you have a 4WD you can head into Tewantin and come over the barge and its a good run up the beach to get to Rainbow. If you don't have a 4WD turn east in Gympie towards Tin Can Bay and you can get there by road.

PS And after the wrap I just gave this park I can't remember its name but I will call my sister and find out as she is there quite often!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Camping Tips and Locations