Camping for young people

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping for young people

Postby waayne » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:06 pm

G'Day, I was wondering if anyone knew any places for young people to camp in SE QLD with heaps of things to do. We probably have access to a fourbi. Thanks in advance for you help.

Wayne
waayne

Postby charma_10 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:29 pm

Wayne, I am going to offer you a suggestion but I am also going to tag onto your topic as I was going to ask the same question. I need a campground that isn't a tourist park, close to a pub, shop and either the beach or water.

And my suggestion is Straddie at Cylinder beach. My friends and I have been going there many years, the only downfall is the barge costs a fair bit. Otherwise there is plenty to do and it is relatively free for all there, we were pretty loud and no one complained.
charma_10

Postby waayne » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:24 pm

Charma,

I too have stayed at the same campground at Straddie, also comes highly recommended. Seems you have the same general requirements that I do, I guess I should have written them in the post, however i guess I don't mind going without the shop. Thanks, any more suggestions would be great.

While I think of it, charma if you have a boat, the camping facilities at Sommerset Dam is a great place to stay, pub and shops are about 10 mins up the road at Kilcoy.
waayne

Return to Camping Tips and Locations