Lane Pool, Dwellingup

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Lane Pool, Dwellingup

Postby markcrook » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:33 pm

We need a weekend away - and are thinking of taking the camper-trailer somewhere and roughing it a bit (we usually stay in CP's), we have an off-road trailer and a 4WD.

Dwellingup is only an hour from us but thought it could be good for a couple of nights - which area would you recomend (there are about 7 accesible by 4WD as far as I can see)? We are going to take the dog, want to have a fire and get away from it for a couple of days. We can be fully self -sufficent for a couple of days. I fancy doing some fishing (any recomendations on bait and tackle would also be good!) other wise just letting the kids (and us) run ferral!
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: Lane Pool, Dwellingup

Postby markcrook » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:08 pm

We did a recce yesterday to have a look at the Lane Pool Reserve @ Dwellingup. http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/parks-and-recr ... serve.html

We looked at a couple of the camping areas, the Baden Powell camp ground and also Charlies flats. Baden Powel is a big open campground in amongst the trees with camp and pitch where you like, with fire pits, picnic tables and a couple of drop loos scattered about. It is next to the Murray River and was pretty busy on Sunday when it was cold and showery - I guess it gets very busy as the weather warms up!

Charlies Flats are individual sites again on the Murray. All sites have fire pits and picnic tables, but all but one are for tents, there is only one site for a caravan, or in our case a camper trailer. We had a picnic on one of the empty sites and it was really quiet and peacefull.

We wanted to have a look at Chudditch camp ground, but the river crossings were closed due to high water levels and we didn't have time to drive around via the road.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations