brisbane to melb

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

brisbane to melb

Postby dea » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:54 pm

we are planning on doinga trip in 2010.. brisbane to foster in vic .. any tips would be gratefull .. we will have 4 kids aged .. 10,10,9,5... & would like cheap dog freindly places too .. planning on taking 3 weeks ... in maybe sept or even jan 2011 ....
dea
Camping Oracle

Re: brisbane to melb

Postby Titch » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Doing this with a Tent Camper or van?
more info needed, but have fun .
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby dea » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm

camper trailer .....

think we would go

brissy-dubbo .. stay there for 2 days
dubbo - wagga stay overnight .. got family here so no need to put camper up ...

then im not sure how far wagga to melb is .. maybe another overnight stay .... somewhere
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Wagga to Melb is around 4hrs.

Brisbane to Dubbo would be your bigges stint, might want to stop somewhere before Dubbo, althought there aren't any big towns conveniently just before Dubbo so it might be your only choice.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby dea » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:Wagga to Melb is around 4hrs.

Brisbane to Dubbo would be your bigges stint, might want to stop somewhere before Dubbo, althought there aren't any big towns conveniently just before Dubbo so it might be your only choice.

thanks for that ... yeah we could do brissy to dubbo if we left early...thanks heaps
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 pm

dea wrote:

thanks for that ... yeah we could do brissy to dubbo if we left early...thanks heaps

I just got back from a trip to Adelaide from my place, about the same amount of K's as Brissy to Dubbo and it's hard but manageable if your used to long trips.

Kids are going to hate it though ::() If I was doing it with 4 kids I'd prolly add a night and stop over in Moree or somewhere
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby dea » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:01 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
dea wrote:

I just got back from a trip to Adelaide from my place, about the same amount of K's as Brissy to Dubbo and it's hard but manageable if your used to long trips.

Kids are going to hate it though ::() If I was doing it with 4 kids I'd prolly add a night and stop over in Moree or somewhere

yeah see how we go ... maybe leave at 4am or something .. we have 3 dvd players in the car ... & they all have ds lites to keep them happy ... & they will have ipods by then too .. so alot to keep them happy ...
but if it gets to much we would stop overnight somewhere
dea
Camping Oracle

Return to Camping Tips and Locations