2nd weekend in Feb - NSW

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

2nd weekend in Feb - NSW

Postby missy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Hey everyone,

Wow its been a while since l've been here! Hope everyone is well :)

My partner and l are looking for somewhere to camp for a whole 7 days (maybe a few more) for somewhere near sydney. When l say near, 5 hour drive would be good, nothing more than a whole day drive. We will be setting up a lot of things (tent, tarp etc) which took us 4 hours last time. We would like somewhere that we can stay for the whole time, so we don't have to re-set up our equipment, but we want to go somewhere thats not completely boring. Last camping trip was to Kiama, which was great as there were lots of things to see e.g. Illawarra Fly, Jamberoo, blowhole, point perpendicular etc. We were thinking of Newcastle, as its not too far away but we don't know anything about the area.

We will be hoping to have a day or two of our time there to just simply veg, lounge around, swim etc. but it would be nice to be able to go out and see the sights, points of interest, historical (they are always a favourite) or a monument of some kind.

I was just wondering if there was an area somebody could reccomend for us? A campsite in the area would also be handy :grin:

Thanks so much everyone!

EDIT: We have also gone out west, dubbo, coonabarabran, parkes etc but that was only for a long weekend and we did not camp, it was too cold.
missy
Camping King

Re: 2nd weekend in Feb - NSW

Postby cokebottle » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:22 am

Check out my thread on Wee Jasper http://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4377 it is about 4 hrs from Penrith

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations