cheap campsites between syd and goldie

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

cheap campsites between syd and goldie

Postby jvoh2o » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:29 pm

I am making the trip from sydney all the way to the goldie for the first time, looking to score some waves. My mate and I have the camper all booked, but we didn't really factor the camping fees into our budget. I've already know some beaches that we are going to check out (newcastle, crescent head, diamond head, iluka, byron bay) but I'm still looking for places that we can set up for the night. We wont need much, basically just enough space to park, and toilets would be nice. Is there any free campsites somewhat near the coast?? Or maybe some budget options that cost less than the standard 25$ minimum? Does anyone know some places along the coast where we can park the van and wont be bothered? Thanks for your help..

Cheers,
Jordan
jvoh2o

Re: cheap campsites between syd and goldie

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Jordan and WELCOME to the forum.

I suggest you purchase the Camps Aust Wide 5 publication and if you are a member of an auto club you can purchase through them at a discounted price. Also available at most camping and book stores and online.

Try the ozcamps site also: http://ozcamps.net/

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations