Low Cost Camping Venues

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Low Cost Camping Venues

Postby GypsyLady » Sat May 08, 2010 1:56 pm

It has recently come to my attention that it might be a good idea if we can share info on low cost camping venues.

My suggestions in SEQ are as follows.

Kennilworth Homestead: http://www.kenilworthhomestead.com.au/

Island Reach: http://www.ircamping.com.au/

The Gorge Wilderness Camp at Aratula. Unfortunately there is no website but it is very low cost @ $4 p/p p/n....can't recall the cost for kids and definitely one of my favourites. Flush toilets, no showers or power, swimming and bushwalking.

Flanagans Reserve at Rathdowney: Phone 5544 3128. Pay showers, toilets, swimming(can't find a website for them)

Bigriggin: http://www.bigriggen.com.au/

There are more and I ask that if you know of any others, please add them to this list and then any new members will be able to easily access this info.

Remember the emphasis is on LOW COST to families.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Low Cost Camping

Postby dea » Sat May 08, 2010 2:25 pm

we found glendon very cheaP... think $9 adult & $3.50 a child... if you take motorbikes they do charge for them too .. think $15 a day ... has 4wd trackes.. fishing ..golf... has entertainment on long weekends etc ...07 46674756
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat May 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Sharps Park Canungra..$5 per night..pets friendly. Went back to my post of Fern Hill but i don`t have the price there but i do know when he found out i was on my own he charged me very cheaply like $7 a night.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Tue May 11, 2010 5:18 pm

In angus & robertson bookstore, I found a Boiling billy publication called Camping guide to New South Wales..

I absolutly LOVE IT!!! definitly one of the best books I've bought. It lists over 650 campsites, costs and phone numbers to get permits and local autorities. It also lists roadway rest stops and has a comprehensive touring map. The book is split into sections, eg.Close to Sydney, Hunter region, far south coast, central coast the outback etc. and covers National and state parks, forrests and reserves.

It's great, just look up the region you want to go to and pick a site, It has instructions on how to get there and also picks the top 5 campsites so you don't have to second guess yourself. It also lists alot of free campsites and amenaties too.

It cost me about $30, but really well worth it.

The most expensive site listed is $30 and that's smack bang in the middle of Sydney Harbour. dingaling Island. My Girlfriend wants to go there, but I believe camping is all about getting away from the big smoke.
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Tue May 11, 2010 5:29 pm

HAHAHA dingaling Island.....

Ahh I see...

Coc katoo Island

:lol:
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Dodgy_Dave wrote:HAHAHA dingaling Island.....

Ahh I see...

Coc katoo Island

:lol:

That little censor is working well, hey DD??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Low Cost Camping Venues

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Tue May 11, 2010 6:28 pm

I was reading it back to myself and thought... What The Fudge.. :lol:

One of my faviroute sayings is, show me someone who has never said feclematter in their life and I'll show you someone that's full of it. :lol:
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby snake_dr » Tue May 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Andrew Drynan is cheap if i remember, and with cheap entertainment with some nice drives and a creek its a winner!
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco532 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Double Island Point.....A great place to stay...and only $5-ea per nite (think young ones under 12 were free)..plus the $6- for the ferry ea way.....ONLY hang up for us is its not Pet friendly.....
We couldn't believe the number of vehicles traveling up the beach....all sorts...even cars towing trailers,caravans even 5th wheelers...all traveling on the sand but it was great getting back to nature and roughing it...No water,toilets,power etc...and for us....there was also...
NO fish.....'bugger'.
Personally, I would recommend a 4wd......worse part was getting out onto the beach as the sand was a tad soft when leaving the road getting out there to the hard sand but many cars showed that it can be done with out one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Camping Tips and Locations