Outback Road Conditions

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Outback Road Conditions

Postby dic » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 am

Hi
A group of us are leaving Melbourne Sunday and are hoping to go to Coober Pedy, Coward Springs, Flinders Ranges then on to Broken Hill, Mungo National Park and then on home. Has anybody been in those areas recently? Just wondering what the road conditions are like. Have looked at the SA gov road updates and there are lots of closures. One person in the group has chosen to tow his caravan so wondered what restrictions he may have with that.

Regards
Di
dic

Re: Outback Road Conditions

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:50 am

Best place to check for this type of info Di is the ExplorOz site http://www.exploroz.com

Check out their forum as well http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.aspx.

They have many more travellers there than we have on this site. Re the caravan....it would depend on what type of van they have as to what the limitations are....I'd imagine they will definitely have to travel a lot slower than the rest of you.

Of course if they have a Kedron or a Bushtracker....that's a different matter totally.

Yes there are many, many road closures....but you do not say when you are planning to leave......if not immediately then you might be ok.

You've also not indicated what route you will take....get all this info together before you ask the question on ExplorOz.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:58 pm

I can't really comment on how the roads are out there but one piece of advice I was given and makes sense.
Expect and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby dic » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:40 am

Thank you both for your replies.
dic

Postby stevo. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 am

Dodgy_Dave wrote:I can't really comment on how the roads are out there but one piece of advice I was given and makes sense.
Expect and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

so you're saying to take a boat? :lol:
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to Camping Tips and Locations