CAMPSITE FEEDBACK

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

CAMPSITE FEEDBACK

Postby MERCURY » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:45 pm

Hi all,

I've just joined the community and just want to say how nice it is to be in touch with like minded people.

I'm wanting to know if anyone has been to the following National Park camp sites in NSW and what they thought of them: Perrys Lookdown Campground; Mount Werrong campground; Ingar campground and Murphys Glen campground. I would really appreciate the feedback.

One other thing, can anyone recommend a couple of NSW STATE forest camping areas west of sydney...probably within about 4 hours drive, campfires allowed, no need for amenities..just privacy.

I hope my questions are clear, I look forward to hearing from you guys

:***
MERCURY
MERCURY

Re: CAMPSITE FEEDBACK

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:19 am

MERCURY wrote:
One other thing, can anyone recommend a couple of NSW STATE forest camping areas west of sydney...probably within about 4 hours drive, campfires allowed, no need for amenities..just privacy.

I hope my questions are clear, I look forward to hearing from you guys

:***

viewtopic.php?t=255 - Newnes State forest. It gets crowded, but u can still go find a spot where you don't see anyone all weekend :armsup Words cannot describe how big it is, and there are so many tracks you couldn't explore them all in a lifetime.

Also, North west of sydney is Mt Watagan SF. Not as big but still great, and can be very secluded if you dont camp around the actuall 'camp sites'.

Best bet is to go to a map shop (there's one on the main st of Parramatta, near Macca's) and get some State forestry map's. There's quite a few around, and the map tells you a little bit about them and what they have or havent got in the way of facilities.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Return to Camping Tips and Locations