Campsite just north of Tea Gardens

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Postby NH3000 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi guys & girls i was wondering if anyone had any contact details for Riverside campground just north of Tea Gardens on Mungo Brush road near Hawkes Nest? i have camped there before & it is a fantastic spot, i just want to check conditions before i head up on the weekend. Thanks. Stuart.
NH3000

Postby Scolers » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:17 pm

:armsup

Ozzy?

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby NH3000 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Sorry yes Australia east coast north of Sydney. Thanks.
NH3000

Postby Scolers » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:34 pm

:***

Ozzycamperboy loves this spot and can give you heaps of info (I hope!).

He should be on withint he next 24hrs or so.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby NH3000 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Thanks Scol.
NH3000

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:06 pm

My reputation preceeds me :mrgreen:

But not sure if I can help, much :shock: .I know the one your talking about, never bothered taking the Ph # down, and a quick google reveals nothing. Its the one on Mungo Brush Rd aye? Just down from the Golf course but on the Left hand side.

I'll keep lookin and if I find it i'll post it up here.
But, in the mean time. You could try the Tea Gardens visitor info center. I'd bet they've got the number -

Tea Gardens Visitor Information Centre
Myall St,
p/f : (02) 4997 0111
10-4pm Most Days
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby NH3000 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:11 pm

Thanks for that i tried the info centre & they gave me a number but it was disconnected & she wasnt sure if was the right number anyway, i have just been looking on google but nothing yet. Thanks again for your help. Stuart.
NH3000

Re: Campsite just north of Tea Gardens

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:14 pm

NH3000 wrote: i have camped there before & it is a fantastic spot, i just want to check conditions before i head up on the weekend. Thanks. Stuart.

No worries, but, ummm... If your just after 'conditions', (i'm assuming you mean weather conds), couldn't you just ask them at the Info center? Their just down the road :idea: :lol:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby NH3000 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:16 pm

I did ask her and she was very brief but she didnt know if any of the campsites were flooded or not, persistence is the key, i will let you know how you go. Thanks. Stu.
NH3000

Postby ads76 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Hey Guys,

Would you believe I'm looking for the contact number of the same spot. I've camped there about 5 times and it's fantastic. Did you have any luck getting a number. I remember that it was actually called Myall River or Creek campsite, rather than Hawks Nest or Tea Gardens. I know the guy that comes and collects the daily fee works out of the little service station back past the golf course, I guess that's tea Gardens. Maybe I'll try finding a number for that. It's on the same road as the entry for the site. If you did find a number, please post it up here. Heading there for the October long weekend.

Cheers

Ad
ads76

Is it "Riverside Camping"

Postby Nenie23 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:23 pm

Hi, our family has camped there several times. Still looking for the number for you but last time I went there it was called "Riverside Camping". Hope this helps but if I can find the phone number for you, I will post that too!
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Riverside camping Mungo Brush/Tea Gardens?

Postby NH3000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:13 am

Hi guys i have just returned from holiday at this campsite and it was great as usual and i got the mobile number sorry a bit late for the october weekend. 0419 271 181. The caretaker lives onsite in the big bus in the far corner of the site & he will sell you wood for a fire if you need it etc. Stu.
NH3000

Postby Woodsy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:52 pm

I was talking to the mechanic at work about this camp spot and he said its a nice spot. My gf and i will be heading up there mid november. Does it have showers and toilets?

Cheers

Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:35 pm

TUFF wrote:I was talking to the mechanic at work about this camp spot and he said its a nice spot. My gf and i will be heading up there mid november. Does it have showers and toilets?

Cheers

Josh

I drove through and looked like it had toilets... I doubt it has showers though.

Unless you stay in a full on caravan park, which will usually be in a built up area, your going to have to sacrifice atleast a shower... but there are simple ways around this to make the other half happy:

:idea: If your camping for say, 3 days, you can get away with only showering on the middle day - so go to a cheap hotel for the evening, or even just a caravan park, and borrow their showers.
:idea: If you don't fancy the idea of going away from your campsite to have a shower, here's a simple solution. Most camping shops have a shower/toilet tent available for under $100, its just a tall, skinny square tent. Couple that with a $20 12V shower from Supercheap (or pay $30 for the same one from a camping store). Then, either;
- Leave a bucket of water in the hot sun all day
or
- Boil a billy and add this to a bucket of cold water

And hey presto, a great shower in privacy for under $140.

Or you can cheap out and DIY a shower tent outta some pole's and a Tarp and come in under $50 :mrgreen: Both these Idea's should not take more than 1/2hr to set up.

Either way its a wise investment to keep the missus happy, and when the missus' is happy, your happy :cheers :***
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby NH3000 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:23 am

There is also the beach club at Hawkes Nest about 5 minute drive from this campsite with free showers although they are cold but it doesnt matter this time of year, i took my own shower set up to this campsite as there is plenty of water in the massive water tank there.
NH3000

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations