caravan park camping on southern nsw coast

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

caravan park camping on southern nsw coast

Postby tiger 60 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:39 pm

hello all
i would welcome any feed back on camping in caravan parks in the eden, merimbula or pambula region. The main criteria are that the park is clean and within walking distance or just over sand dunes to get to the water.
At this stage im leaning to Two fold bay just below eden
Thanks, we also have two children, young teenagers
tiger 60

Re: caravan park camping on southern nsw coast

Postby encorepi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I know this is totally too late, and I should have just written in the review section. We went to Merimbula Beach Holiday Park and stayed in a pool side Condo, but they also had camping places. The park is Awesome. They have a gas heated pool (so you don't have to worry about the sun being around to heat the pool) they have a solar one too. They have fantastic camp kitchens, wonderful clean ameneties. Just down the hill (300m) to the beach (you also get views from lots of places). I can't rave enough about it. It has a kids club that runs every day of the year as well as other activities like family volleyball and pool games, you can supervise or leave the kids in the charge of the guy that runs it. The beach is near an inlet so it has still water and waves. They have an arcade type room, jumping pillow, volleyball court etc etc. The shop is great, staff are great. The only thing is you kinda need to drive to town as it is about 2 kms away and you would have to walk up hill all the way back (we have youngsters so this was a consideration). They offer discounts to RACV/NRMA members.

Anyway, even if it is too late I have given it a rave.

Jodi
encorepi
Boy Scout

Re: caravan park camping on southern nsw coast

Postby mouth » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:15 pm

encorepi wrote:We went to Merimbula Beach Holiday Park and stayed in a pool side Condo, but they also had camping places. The park is Awesome.

Thanks Jodi, Looks nice. A Big4 and NRMA park. Will be down that way in a couple of weeks, so this looks nice.
http://www.merimbulabeachholidaypark.com.au/
mouth
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations