WA: Searchin for quiet camping spot 4 fishing with dogs.

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

WA: Searchin for quiet camping spot 4 fishing with dogs.

Postby Searchn4Spots » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:05 pm

G'day, new at this website, so thought i'd throw the question out there. Finding it hard to locate a riverbank camping spot out of the way from the "tourist" folk.
Knew of awesome spots in QLD, but we bin in WA 2yrs & still not find riverbank camping spot to fish & take our dogs. Got 4wd. We live up in country north of Perth, but don't mind to travel south if need be.
If anyone knows of Sundown Nat Park around Stanthorpe QLD...then that's what we're looking for here in WA!
Thx heaps for anyone who got ideas...legal or illegal spots! :lol:
:)
Bring out the tents!
Searchn4Spots

Postby Scolers » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:15 pm

I'm mainly a beach fisherman 'cause I just love the surf. You could try Lane Pool (Near Dwellingup) and maybe Walpole Inlet.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Searchn4Spots » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:15 pm

Thx for the info Scol. Where's Walpole? & thx for the other website, will check it out 2.
:)
Bring out the tents!
Searchn4Spots

Postby Scolers » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Walpole is about 450k's south of Perth ... head to Bunbury and then take the South Western Hwy to Walpole via Bridgetown and Manjimup.

Gtreat spot as you have a river, inlet and beach. BUT very popular at this time of year too ... the 'Tree walk' is a short distance too (Check with Calm).

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Camping Tips and Locations