Any opinions on Island Reach Camping resort, Imbil?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Any opinions on Island Reach Camping resort, Imbil?

Postby justme » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi all,

My family and I are planning on going camping to Island Reach Camping Resort at Imbil (Qld) in early january.

Just wondering if anyone has been there or stayed there? What's it like? Been searching the net for info and it "looks" nice on the net, but can't always go by pictures. Hoping it will be okay.

Also read a couple of comments like they drove in and drove out again. hmm? Not sure what to expect. :shock:

cheers.
justme

Wondering what you thought ?

Postby mum23 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi, I was just wondering how your experience was at Island reach ?? I have seen it but never stayed, I would love to hear your opinion ?[/i]
mum23

Postby justme » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Hi mum23 :)

Um...we had to cancel our camping trip this time around. The week we had planned to go the weather was Rain, Rain and more Rain predicted. SO we decided to give it a miss. I was SO looking forward to it though. But we are planning on going early in the year sometime to the same place. We even bought a new tent for it. Bugger!! Ohwell...can't control the weather can we!!

So when we do finally get to Island reach for camping...I will let you know!! I'm sure it will be nice. I am the type that hates the packed touristy type camping places. As long as I have the essentials, I am happy.

You say you have "seen" it? Can I ask what your opinion was on "seeing it"? :grin:
justme

Hi again,

Postby mum23 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:13 pm

I am so sorry you had to cancel your trip, it's always so dissapointing when you are looking forward to it. :(
We are going camping there over the Australia day long weekend, so after that I can give you a first hand report, but I will say that my husband went and booked us in there and he said that the grounds were really lovely, with some perfect shady spots right on the creek. I'm with you on the crowded places.....I cant think of anything worse !!
mum23

Postby justme » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Oh great.. ENJOY it. :grin: Looking forward to hearing your opinion. :grin:
justme

Postby double_d » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:46 pm

mum23 did you end up going there over the australia day weekend
how was it i went for a look around as people i knew were there
on a quick look it was quit good i thought
went down to the weir thingy
creek was very nice
creek at deer park was very cold
i think cause there is a lot more trees
i am thinking of going there at easter
what do you think
pub is very close could be a problem
but nah i dont think it should be

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Camping Review

Postby mum23 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi Everyone,
Well we did go to this camping ground over the long weekend, and I have to say that I was very happy. The grounds are just beautiful, lots of established tree's and room for the kids. The grounds were quite busy but I never really felt like we were tripping over other people (like you can on the beach sometimes !!).
The creek was beautiful to swim in and we probably spend far too long in the water (2 bottles of suncream later !!).
The toilets and shower facilites were basic, but they were clean and worked well. There are some resident green tree frogs in the showers which make for an interesting show during your shower.....very cute though !!.
We had some friends camping with us, all with kids and we have all decided to return every Australia day. I was really, really happy with the grounds, lots of shade which is a biggy for me and we brought the kids bikes so they rode around safely all day (then slept well...he he he.)
I would definately recommend this camping ground, we had a great time.
And yes, the pub is just up the road, and I can safely say that the drinks there are cold... :***
Hope this helps.
mum23

Postby trevc » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi

Thanks for the report. Without sounding like a broken record - were you allowed campfires?

Trev
trevc
Boy Scout

Postby mum23 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 am

Yes, you are allowed campfires. Although I have to say that it had rained quite heavily the day before and everything was wet, so we did not light one despite that best efforts of my hubby (he was never a boyscout !!). There was wood there and I saw a wheelbarrow load being delivered to someone but I could not tell you the price, I didn't really look into it.
Two more things I forgot to mention, they have a washing machine in the amenities block which runs on a honesty system, and you can hire both canoes and kayaks on hourly or daily rates. They were very popular when we were there.
mum23

Postby amanda » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:54 pm

Sounds like a great spot. Justme mentioned looking at it on a site on the net - I've not had a lot of luck with this - does anyone know the web address?
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby double_d » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:45 pm

double_d
Captain Camping

Postby justme » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:34 am

Sounds GREAT!! Definately going to go there now!! Thanks mum23. :grin:

There wasn't alot of info on the net, the above link that daniel d put, is where I read about it. And I also found some more pictures of it here:
http://campertrailers.org/island_reach_weekend.htm

I can't wait to go now. And having the pub just down the road is a added bonus I reckon!! :beer :grin:
justme

Return to Camping Tips and Locations