Just got back

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Just got back

Postby jollyroger » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:37 pm

Just got back form a week camping on the Mighty Murray River at Cobdogla. We had it all - Thunder, lightening,rain and HEAT! My god it was hot!
40 degrees plus everyday! The nights were around 30 degrees (C) but had a lovely little breeze now and then.
Cobdogla is not a place to write home about but is quiet and tranquil. It's right on the door step of SA's "Riverland".
The dog spend the whole time in the river to cool down. The Cobdogla Station Caravan Park is not top notch - new owners are taking their time to settle in. The Park was chock a bloc for the New Year holidays and party's lasted well into the morning. The Camper Trailer was fantastic with the all the extra windows providing great relief in the nights's heat. If you are new to CT's and want a free tip! Just think WINDOWS, WINDOWS, WINDOWS, WINDOWS you can't have enough of them! Back for two days and off on Saturday morning for an 8 hour drive to Port Lincoln for over a week!

God I love camping! Whoo Hoo!

Caio!
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Re: Just got back

Postby Scolers » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:51 pm

jollyroger wrote:
God I love camping! Whoo Hoo!

Caio!

I think he enjoyed himself ... :armsup ... our NYE was hot but cooled down very rapidly after several cold fronts moved through ... you might see them on the TV tonight ... they're still there!

::()

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Camping Tips and Locations