Proper English - there are rules...

Heard anything funny today about our pollies (their always good for a laugh). Get in touch with that inner Irishman and let’s hear a joke or two.

Proper English - there are rules...

Postby Ricklanga » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:14 pm

On his 57th birthday, a man got a gift certificate from his wife. The certificate paid for a visit to a witch doctor living on a nearby reservation who was rumoured to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction. After being persuaded, the man drove to the reservation, handed his ticket to the witch doctor, and wondered what he was in for.

The witch doctor slowly, methodically produced a potion, handed it to the man, and with a grip on his shoulder, warned, 'This is powerful medicine and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful and then say '1-2-3. 'When you do that, you will become more manly than you have ever been in your life and you can perform as long as you want.'

The man was encouraged. As he walked away, he turned and asked, 'How do I stop the medicine from working?

''Your partner must say '1-2-3-4 , 'the witch doctor responded. 'But when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon. '

The man was eager to see if it worked. he went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited his wife to join him in the bedroom. When she came in, he took off his clothes and said, '1-2-3!' Immediately, he was the manliest of men. his wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes.

BUT.., then she asked: What was the 1-2-3 for.??

And that, Boys & Girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition...
It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
Ricklanga
Post Machine!

Re: Proper English - there are rules...

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 pm

:*** :+
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Friday’s Funny