Heard anything funny today about our pollies (their always good for a laugh). Get in touch with that inner Irishman and let’s hear a joke or two.
While wandering about the ABC (Australia) website, I came upon these gems:
http://abcnewsradio.net.au/2009/05/26/l ... he-editor/
LETTER FROM THE EDITOR: Headline of the year.
With ABC NewsRadio’s daily news poll really hitting its stride now, it’s time throw the net a little wider for all you news junkies ... and find out what your favourite news headline is so far this year!
There are always some beauties from around Australia and the rest of the world.
They can be funny, dramatic, moving and challenging – and come in all shapes and sizes now, via newspapers as well as on line news sites - so we’d like know what you think is the best of them.
To get things moving, here’s a recent ripper from the ABC’s own news ‘crawl’ that runs at the back of its Sydney headquarters: ‘Man Takes Shortcut, Killed By Tiger’.
If you’ve seen a good one, let us know by leaving a reply below and we’ll start building ABC NewsRadio’s Best Headlines of 2009 data bank!
This entry is filed under Listener Response, Polls. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
1. My personal favourite so far this year is the News.com headline ‘Marilyn Monroe Hormone found’ … which prompted some wit to ask ‘Is this the Norma Gene?’
2. One from the ABC’s own science website: “Green-glowing monkeys have green-glowing babies.” How can you NOT want to read more?
3. Also, at the ABC Science site: “Elvis is alive and kicking… in a parallel universe” :-)
4. Great headline today at the ABC’s news website: “Royal dachshund savages Queen’s guard”
5. I liked the one reported to be (I didn’t actually see it) in the Australian Financial Review, heading a story about Malcolm Turnbull’s inclusion in the BRW Rich List: “The Member For Net Worth”
6. “Thieves have stolen the crystal ball they use to forecast the weather in Gippsland. Don’t laugh, this is serious!”
7. “Copper stolen from Police Station”. BBC News - Scotland. A man has been arrested following the theft of copper from the roof of a police station under construction in West Lothian.
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers
- Camping Queens
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 pm
- Location: Deception Bay, Qld
Return to Friday’s Funny
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests