Day trip around Brisbane

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Day trip around Brisbane

Postby Chippy76 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:07 am

Hey folks!
Id love to organise a day trip around brisbane for members, possibly with a view to organising a few camping trips. Does any one have any suggestions where they would like to go ?All ideas are appreciated, it doesnt have to be a 4wd trip, tho if we all have 4bys then maybe we will organise one. I dont want to shut out those with cars tho. Let me know what dates suit you guys as well. I look forward to meeting you all!
Chippy
Chippy76
Captain Camping

hi chippy

Postby Treehouse » Thu May 17, 2007 3:03 pm

sorry no fourby here but would like to maybe day trip, been lookin for places not too far from bris to take the kids but i like to do recon missions before i take the tribe and the dog. kids r away every second weekend.
Treehouse
Boy Scout

Postby freerocketman1 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:23 pm

hi chippy you should have asked 2 weeks ago i did a small recon down past boonah & met up with rainbow gypsy. but i still wouldnt mind going somewhere & meeting more new friends.
treehouse if you go to the introductions section & look at rainbow gypsys intro she gives a great direction of a place just outside of boonah & also have a look at park reviews i did a recon of a few places & put some picks in too. :grin:
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu May 17, 2007 11:21 pm

Hi guys

While I am not there now Brisbane used to be my home base. Have a suggestion for a good day out.

Brisbane to Kilcoy through Woodford. - Morning tea there with a great bakery.
Kilcoy to Jimna - visit Peach Trees State Forest Park - lunch
Peach Trees to Charlie Mooreland State Forest Park via Sunday Creek.
Charlie Mooreland to Booloumba Creek State Forest Park.
Booloumba to Bruce Highway via Maleny and Landsborough
Landsborough to Coochin Creek State Forest Park - afternoon tea
Cooching back to Brisbane via Highway.

I have done this trip and while it is a full day you get to see four really good State Forest Park camping areas.

Cheers

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Fri May 18, 2007 6:17 pm

Derek's suggestion is not a bad one. You are looking at about 350km (off the top of head). Nearly all bitumen except for Sunday Creek Rd is dirt but good for 2WD and the road into Booloumba is dirt with some creek crossings (again 2WD ok).

There are some good day areas at Peach Trees, Charlie Moreland and Booloumba for lunch.

Willing to give it a go.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

meet up half way

Postby gypsy rainbow » Sat May 19, 2007 12:10 am

just a suggestion maybe we can meet up half way,so many places to visit around brissy,,i guess it all depends weather we want to vegi out or adventure out somewhere on the day, flanagan reserve has bbq areas and maybe you might want to put a line in ,as thier is a creek thier,cant promise you will catch a fish lol,and its only a 1 hour and half from brissy ,in that same area,thier is many other areas to explore ,you have boonah, lake moogerah,you have also have pointro camping at the maroon dam,allthough you have to pay permit to fish thier,wyamalong camping ground and gorge camping,as stated from rocketman,so yes it all depends on how long ppl are willing to travel on the day i guess,ok i gave my opinion,next, :grin:
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Sat May 19, 2007 9:48 am

Another option is travel to Beaudesert, head along the Lions Rd towards Kyogle. There is Andrew Drynan Park, and then Border Ranges NP with a good lookout at the Pinnacle. Some dirt road but can be traversed in a 2WD. Even though its roach country (ah yes state of origin time) there are 2 campgrounds at sheep station creek and the forest tops. You can come back through Kyogle and Rathdowney and visit flanagans, bigriggen, mt may etc.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Treehouse » Tue May 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Wow there's lots to think about here for sure. Day trippin would be good, but for overnight camping i must find places where i can take hellhound, (he's a good boy really) but he can't be left home alone cos i'd miss him.
I'm free in a few weeks time to stickybeak about the place cos this weekend i'm gutter crawling the curbside cleanup area nearby for freebies.
thanks for the tips and links, i'll start thinking about an action plan.
Treehouse
Boy Scout

Postby Chippy76 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:02 pm

Treehouse,
As i have mentioned somewhere in another post, Flanagans Reserve at Rathdowney accepts Dogs (controlled on a lead) and is a pretty nice place to chill out for a weekend.

Im considering a day trip up to Queen mary's falls via the condamine gorge road, and a few wineries. If anyone is inerested in a trip like this le me know! Ill be dragging along the 2 kids and the preg wife. So it wont be anything too long or adventurous!

Cheers!
Chippy
Chippy76
Captain Camping

Return to Groups & Activities