Semi Serious - Serious 4x4ing Anyone?

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Semi Serious - Serious 4x4ing Anyone?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:26 pm

As the title says, anyone into a bit of 4x4ing when they are camping? Or to GET to that perfect camp spot? :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby D » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:09 pm

Yep, sure am. We own a standard Holden Frontera, don`t mind the rough roads to get to the camp spot (we often look for the rough road :P ). We do a bit of 4x4 whilst we are out and about in the bush. The best way to find a good camp spot is to take the crappy old road no one else dares to take. Doing some driving around the Tumut area this week :D
D
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:57 pm

D wrote:Yep, sure am. We own a standard Holden Frontera, don`t mind the rough roads to get to the camp spot (we often look for the rough road :P ). We do a bit of 4x4 whilst we are out and about in the bush. The best way to find a good camp spot is to take the crappy old road no one else dares to take. Doing some driving around the Tumut area this week :D
Got any pics mate?? Do Fronty's have a solid axle? or IFS? :?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Ford Mav » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:07 pm

ozzycamperboy wrote:
D wrote:Yep, sure am. We own a standard Holden Frontera, don`t mind the rough roads to get to the camp spot (we often look for the rough road :P ). We do a bit of 4x4 whilst we are out and about in the bush. The best way to find a good camp spot is to take the crappy old road no one else dares to take. Doing some driving around the Tumut area this week :D
Got any pics mate?? Do Fronty's have a solid axle? or IFS? :?

Frontera's have IFS front but no reason why they cant tackle the harder stuff. I had a Pajero follow me through Appin but thats another story. I say good stuff if u keen and yes i also like a challenge to tow my camper behind the Maverick on the more difficult tracks, like through the Barrington Tops National Park.

Frank
Ford Mav

Postby Cheiffy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:33 am

Hi Ozzy,

I dont mind doing a bit of off road when I go away. I am not so much into the extreme (lets see how much damage we can do) but more for touring purposes. I have a 2003 3.0TD SR5 Hilux which has been kitted out by ARB Southside here in Brisbane.
We are hoping to go to the Cape this year so I am looking forward to that.
One of my favourites sites is Levuka 4x4 retreat, not so much for the offroad stuff (although there is a lot there) but more for the beautiful scenery and old growth forests.

Cheers

8) Cheiffy
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:06 pm

We go 4x4'ing to fishing spots north of Perth. It's very sandy and teh dunes need a fourby.

I don't have one but go with my mates ... we use a Cherokee Larado or a Nissan Patrol. Both handle the sand well.

Having been in a lot of fourbies over the years I honestly believe there isnt much difference between them ... just minor stuff that the owner needs to figure out what is best for him/her.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

4wd clubs

Postby gqpatrol » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:13 pm

If your heading to Central Queensland check out http://www.cqoffroad.org.au
:D
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Return to Groups & Activities