Camping around Sydney

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Camping around Sydney

Postby Azuriel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:59 pm

Anyone keen on doing the great north walk over december-january?
Azuriel
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:44 pm

in its entirety :shock: ? or a section?
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Azuriel » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:44 pm

oops, pressed the wrong button and made a new post by mistake ... delte the other please ...

the whole thing, except for the epping to berowra bit, which is pretty much just boring, being mostly along a highway in any case ...

but basically, all the rest of it, all 200-odd kms of it ... no food drops, etc ... at this stage, planning on late jan / early feb, for 12-15 days ...
Azuriel
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:07 pm

so about 14k a day, while carrying all your food etc?? now when i did the south coast walk, 26k, 2 days, 18kg pack (i over packed :oops: ), i was buggered by the end of the 1st day. Ok, so taking into account that there are most likely people twice as fit as me, and who can pack alot better, basically, best case scenario = 14ks a day, with 15kg pack cuz u are travelling for 12-15 days with no food stops, with a very fit person = 4-5 days until they keel over and die :D And thats assuming your not carrying much water, as you need atleast 1.5L a day = 1.5kg in water x 15 days :roll:

no offence buuuuut........

:mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:08 pm

and sorry, i cant delete the other thread u started cuz i dont have mod status in this section, only 4wd and Generall camping one :cry:
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Now Now Ozzy

Postby Joy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:34 pm

Now now Ozzy, he may be fitter then you think? Not that I am one to talk I get tired just walking to the water cooler in the office. 200k sounds like quite a hike. So you have actually done this hike? I think a nice park by a stream with a TV and fridge in the RV and air con is a must have item.
Last edited by Joy on Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

Postby Azuriel » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:38 pm

lol ozzy, no offence taken :P ... not so much fitness, as just better packing ...

last time my gf & i did the south coast (back in jan or feb i think it was), we each had a tad under 10kg, and we had a nice port with our dinner of marinated roo steaks, sitting on the dunes at north era ... :lol:

as for your question Joy ... nope, haven't done it in its entirety before, but have done bits and pieces of it ... last walk of similar length we did was a few months ago, when we went to tassie early july this year ... we did the overland track + walls of jerusalem + frenchman's cap as one trip without restocking, which ended up taking 16 days, averaging about 17km a day ... t'was a bit cold, with daytime temperatures mostly in the below-zero ranges, and most places had ice covering the ground, but was great fun!! :P
Azuriel
Boy Scout

Did u say below zero

Postby Joy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:13 pm

Err I don't know about these sub zero conditions but bits and pieces I could manage. Would love to get some pics and a story line on your next trip we could post it on the Parks review.
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

Postby Azuriel » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:05 pm

most of my piccies are just scenery shots, but anyways ...

but here's one of my favourites from one of last year's hiking trips ... and, erm ... that's a NATURAL rock formation, i swear ... although it IS in a protected area of national park ...

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p25108f111e8953422575eab7c350825d/f6ddf625.jpg[/img]

well, what can i say ... ? ... maybe God does have a sense of humour after all ... ? ...
Azuriel
Boy Scout

Photo

Postby Joy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:08 pm

Well that is quite the rock. Not sure why the link is not working, I tried converting to a IMG but still did not work but you can still copy and paste.

Yes that is the ides pics like that with a overview of the region would be great content for our readers. Those will get you a plug, for the $ we would need prety good stories hopefully covering a region, i.e. a few parks etc.
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

Return to Groups & Activities