Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Postby Troyk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:17 pm

Venue Bongaree Caravan Park, Bongaree, Bribie Island.

Venue Details http://www.bongareecaravanpark.com.au/

Organiser Al&Sharon

To Book contact the Park direct Phone (07) 3408 1054

Day Trippers Meet up on the Saturday 23 February 2008.

Campers Powered sites only.

Costs $22 for a powered site for 2 adults, extra person $4.50pn. Unpowered $19.50pn, extra person $4.50pn

Attendees
AL&Sharon
Mark and Mandy (Friends of Al&Sharon)
Barby-Q [3 doz dinner rolls , butter portions and pineapple ]
bjg_thompson [potato salad and fruit salad]
Mulli Grub Clan
ChallengeLee
Craign Ness and twins
Carvinkath
AK-Weger [spinach,pumpkin,mango and camembert salad and garlic bread ]
kazzakanary [Mrs C's pasta salad + scrummy cake for desert ]
Activity_Dept (?)
PHCamping [salad items, such as tomatoes, cheese, tin beetroot, tin corn and eggs to hard boil]
Mytical Aussiegal
Frilly
Poodlejewel [vege bake]
Troyk [Asian Noodle Salad]

Saturday Night - Activity_Dept kindly has thrown in for the Roasts, so all you need to do is bring a salad or a veg dish or a desert. Feel free to post want you are intending to bring to avoid double ups. I will put the dish against peoples names.

Its a Hawaiian Night, so loud shirts for the guys and grass skirts and lei's for the gals. If you have any Hawaiin or beach music, please bring along so we can do a compilation disc. If you have limbo poles or something exotic, c'mon bring them.

Other Meals - Its BYO and feel free to mingle and conregate with other members. Hopefully we will be able to gather somewhere.

Fishing Nearby Pumicestone Passage has whiting, bream and flathead just waiting to jump onto your rods. The moon cycle suggests good fishing (if you believe that mumbo jumbo)

Activities Apart from the usual, there will be the Alan powered boat rides for the kids. Bikes can be ridden in the park, subject to the park rules. See there webpage.

Weather Forecast

Weatherzone (pessimistic)
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/southeast-coast/bribie-island

Weather Channel
http://www.weatherchannel.com.au/Magic94scripts/mgrqispi94.dll?APPNAME=WC&PRGNAME=WC&LayGroups=&SearchFor=&Function=SuburbForecast&SuburbId=10096&WeatherMaps=0&Leisure+Reports=0

Video If you haven't guessed I will bring the video camera so big smiles, happy chatter and remember you need to do an intro (but not a life story).

See ya all there! :armsup

I will update this post as the details come to hand.
Last edited by Troyk on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:17 am, edited 18 times in total.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Troyk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:22 pm

Details of the two Caravan Parks

Bongaree Caravan Park
http://www.bongareecaravanpark.com.au/

Bribie Island Caravan Park (Surf Side at Woorim)
http://www.bribieislandcaravanpark.com.au/

I HAVE ADDED A POLL AT THE TOP FOR YOU TO DECIDE WHICH VENUE YOU PREFER
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:44 pm

I don't really care either way - yeah yeah I am a fence sitter!!
IF you REALLY want me to choose I will say surf side!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:50 pm

kazzakanary wrote:I don't really care either way - yeah yeah I am a fence sitter!!
IF you REALLY want me to choose I will say surf side!

Ok I added a fence sitter option!

Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:39 pm

:?#
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Al&Sharon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:00 am

HI evry 1 22nd-24th well looks like the Woorim is in the lead surf side, crazy golf, prices are $29.50 for a powered site 2adults (all sites are powered ) extra adult $10 children 3 and over $6 plenty af sites for this weekend at this point. I will make a booking as soon as I get confirmation on numbers,I have provisionally booked 5 sites need to know who has tent and who has trailers.tks Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:09 pm

kazza im with you on this one.
Cheers
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby kazzakanary » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:25 pm

We are in a camper trailer :)
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Camper Trailer = 14' wide.

Alan, do people need to book and leave a deposit?

Troyk

Postby Al&Sharon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:44 pm

no deposit I just require the numbers then Ill book.tks Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Al&Sharon » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:04 pm

hi evry 1 I am thinking of a theme evening for the saturday of the gathering I will try get a part of the camp ground for the venue for us, maybe a roped off barby area, all the thoughts have been towards a hawian night, any 1 that has a guitar or can play I sure it will go down brilliant, Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Results of Previous Poll

Which Caravan Park do you prefer?
Bongaree Caravan Park (Calm Side) 0% [ 0 ]
Bribie Island Caravan Park (Surf Side at Woorim) 33% [ 2 ]
I'm a fence sitter! Either will do. 66% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 6

Troyk

Postby Troyk » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:37 pm

To help Alan out, I have added a new poll, so you can tell Al if you are coming and what will you be bringing. If you have already posted you are, please select anyhow so we can keep track and not miss anyone.

My experience with Caravan Parks (mainly out west) is that the standard width of a site is 18 feet wide and you need 2 feet each side for clearence, meaning you only have 14 feet. Usually they have wider sites for wider CT's and bigger RV's. Hate to see you turn up and ya can't fit. :grin:

And if you are budding musician see Alans post above.

Troyk

fees

Postby Al&Sharon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:19 pm

hi every 1 the camping fees for the weekend has now been reduced from $29.50 to $25 for 2 adults and $6 for children. All camper trailers will be placed on a caravan site which will have a concrete pad I have secured tent sites next to the caravan site, dont forget its a hawiian evening saturday coloured shirts,loudest shirt wins a fantastic prize and all ladies to be invited to do the hula hula dance and the winner will get a great prize part of the fun every 1 to make their own lae (necklace) before the lads pop up with I want to make my own lay. We are still looking for muso s. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:55 am

SOunds like heaps of fun. My sister is having a party this weekend and its all hawiian. She has spent the last month finding hawiian music so if you like I can bring the cds that she has made. The only thing I can play is snap so I cant help with muso and I cant sing very well either... after a few drinks I think I sound great :***
Cheers
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Next

Return to Groups & Activities