Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:41 pm

kazzakanary wrote:They told me all the sites we have booked are on grass...

Thats way you never should trust nutters like me on the forums. :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby ChallengeLee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Can we have an updated list of booked attendees please...just for interest sake. :)
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:00 pm

ChallengeLee wrote:Can we have an updated list of booked attendees please...just for interest sake. :)

Might take some time to decipher the posts, but I am sure we can. Its is good idea though :grin:

We really need a better way of tracking this. The poll just didn't work. :(
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:08 pm

I am coming!! Paid the deposit!!
Me, a sexy hubby and 3 kids!
I hope I am right about the grass but she did say that I THINK!! LOL
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Ok the list of particpants (no particular order)

AL&Sharon
Mark and Mandy (Friends of Al&Sharon)
Barby-Q
bjg_thompson
Mulli Grub Clan
ChallengeLee
Sandra (Lee's friend)
Craign Ness and twins
Carvinkath
AK-Weger
kazzakanary

There are quite a few kids in that lot too. Just lost count. 4 year olds seem to dominate.

I have left you off or have included you incorrectly please advise. :grin:

Troyk

Postby AK_Weger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:12 pm

seems like a great turn out :-) really looking forward to it
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby ChallengeLee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:41 pm

My friend Sandra has had to cancel, so will be just be my man/child (14 year old) and myself.
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:51 pm

HI every 1 sorry I havnt been on yes it looks like its going to be a great turn out the camping ground has said we have 9 tent sites so far we have 7 in the poll so there shouldnt be a problem with grass sites however if we have 2 many tents they can accomadate others on caravan sites which is a concrete pad with grass along side so you could use the concrete as a dining area aslong as the tents not totally massive.
It has been sugested that maybe we could have a kitty for the saturday evening meal (not a cat )as was explained to me but a small amount per fam it has been said 10 dollars then we could go the local butcher and order the meat, Andy and Ang have offered a large portable gas oven. Of course that is if we all eat meat, this was only a suggestion what do you all think or would you prefer to bring your own and put it on the camp barby and and have a buffee type meal table with differant food as we all have differant tastes. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:.........maybe we could have a kitty for the saturday evening meal (not a cat ).....
Phew.....

Al&Sharon wrote:It has been sugested that maybe we could have a kitty for the saturday evening meal (not a cat )as was explained to me but a small amount per fam it has been said 10 dollars......

We are happy either way to be honest. :grin:

Alan, don't know If I have missed anyone on the list.

Troyk

Postby ChallengeLee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm happy either way as well, but wouldn't like to think that any one person gets stuck with cooking it all.

The other thing is that in us all creating a dish for the night we can get a variety of meals for a buffet....just a thought.
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby AK_Weger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm

I would probably prefer to contribute $10 for meat and am more than happy to help cook it :-) I fancy myself as a bit of a wiz in the kitchen and if you don't need help on the barbie (given that men seem to get a bit narky when girls invade their barbie territory) then I am more than happy help with prep or anything else.
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby AK_Weger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:01 pm

sorry for clogging up the post with 3 of the same last messages, don't know how to get rid of them now without anyone realising... bugger :-)

TROYK: Its ok I have magical powers to sort these things out! :grin: :grin: :grin:
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:47 am

There will be a lot of meat to cook on the bbg for the amount of people coming , thats why I offered to bring to gas oven which is 1350mm x780mm .

Al,pm me if you want us to bring it .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 am

Barby-Q wrote:There will be a lot of meat to cook on the bbg for the amount of people coming , thats why I offered to bring to gas oven which is 1350mm x780mm .

Al,pm me if you want us to bring it .

Yes that would come in handy. :grin:

Was the thought for all throw $10 in, for large cuts of meat say roast size?

Troyk

Postby bjg_thompson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:49 am

We like the idea of $10 for meat, but are happy either way, just let us know.
No doubt Bill would love to cook for the masses if you need a volunteer for the barbie.
Do we also just bring a salad and dessert each to put on the table?
Looking forward to it...only 3 weeks to go! :-bang
Bill, Jan and Georgia
bjg_thompson
Boy Scout

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities