Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Bill has volunteered to cook :+ .
I can smell the aroma of roast meat cooking now .
roast baby potatoes and pumpkin
I've even cooked yorkshire pudding in it .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Barby-Q wrote:Bill has volunteered to cook :+ .
I can smell the aroma of roast meat cooking now .
roast baby potatoes and pumpkin
I've even cooked yorkshire pudding in it .

Ok you convinced me. Andy&Ange, How many roasts could you get in the oven.

At say $10 per family (perhaps make it $5 per adult to alow for the smaller families) you are going to have say $100 to 120. That will buy you 4 to 5 large roasts, for perhaps 50 people (half them kids).

So who has a good contact with a butcher?

I'm in, of course if everyone else is Ok with it.
Last edited by Troyk on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby kazzakanary » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 pm

So we just pay for our meat and bring a salad and dessert for a buffet table - is that correct?!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Thats one of the suggestions. Sorry didn't mean to give the impression it was a done deal, just writing aloud.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby craigo, ness and twins » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:01 pm

I was told by office that each tent site is big enough for two small tents if required. just for your info. Looking forward to it. Take care all. Craigo :?#
craigo, ness and twins

Postby Al&Sharon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:41 pm

how totally slack am i guys sorry,yes if we all bring a salad or veg dish and a sweet, Troy Im sure we are all in agreement for you to get the roasts, and again Andy & Ang tks for the oven, also guys dont forget its a hawaiian dress up prizes for the best . I will bring a guitar but we havnt a clue how it works so if any 1 can play it speak up. chick (mullie grub clan) did you say you had an hawiian cd any chance of bringing it as we cant sing either,

hey Kids I went and bought a voyager 500 blow up boat so we need to ask your mums and dads if then can access any of the rope that telecom have so we can tow you along the water, in the boat of course it hold 4 so should be great fun.and for the older kids it has oars. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:51 pm

Al, happy to get the roasts, though if anyone knows where we can get a good deal, speak up now.

On the music front, I am sure we can give the guitar a go, i do know how to play mull of kintyre... Perhaps we can bring CD's of beach type music, I will put together a compilation for our portable CD player which does MP3's. (I'll have the notebook to do the conversion to MP3) I can bring Beach boys, Aussie Crawl and perhaps John Butler Trio. 8)

Troyk

Postby AussieSunset » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:43 pm

I got a fair amout of that telcom rope if you need it and i'm on the Island so just sing out ok.
Please just make sure you have a boat license and are careful towing behind a boat, as 1 kid was killed in the passage not long ago and another injured.
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Al&Sharon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:29 pm

Tks sunset will take you up on the offer of the rope. think you misunderstood about the towing bit though, Ill be running up the beach pulling the boat along in the water,Im talking kids here having fun not getting blasted at 100miles an hour behind a boat lol.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:19 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:Tks sunset will take you up on the offer of the rope. think you misunderstood about the towing bit though, Ill be running up the beach pulling the boat along in the water,Im talking kids here having fun not getting blasted at 100miles an hour behind a boat lol.Alan

I am worried. Alan I have see ya run! :grin:

Not much to organise now, just count the days down. :armsup

Troyk

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:05 pm

Now this could be a sight worth popping down there to watch lol Mite even have to video this. Could make heeps on funnest home video show lol
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby PHCAMPING » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi all, I have recently joined Camping Forum and am interested in the Bribie camp if any sites still available. I am a single dad, grown up family, however one daughter still at home, seems to be cheaper that way :) Just waiting to hear from some camping friends to see if they are interested also. Is camp definatly at Bongaree ? If so I will ring and enquire re availability of tent site. Hope to hear from someone soon.Phil
PHCAMPING
Boy Scout

Bribe Trip

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:33 pm

OK I have convinced my better half to come, I think Saturday night is the best night to book for would this be correct? Also what food do you want us to bring?

Bugger they won't take a one night booking so I have to go back to the boss on this one, will keep you posted.

Hope it doesn't rain ::().
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby AK_Weger » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Hey there PHcamping... I am new to these forum events too and it seems there will be quite a few in the same position :-).
Looks like a great turn out and what seems to be a great bunch of people who just like to have fun and chill out...... We shall see if my impressions are correct when I meet yas :-p.

The more the merrier :-)
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby AK_Weger » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Yep it is Bongaree. Phone number is (07) 3408 1054.
AK_Weger
Camping King

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities