Forum Gathering - 22 to 24 February 2008

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Postby AK_Weger » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 pm

All booked for Friday and Saturday night. It is myself and my 4 year old boy Thomas.

Look forward to meeting you all, having a few drinks and probably doing the worst hula dance in history :-)

Put up the new tent in my parents backyard on the weekend, was all good, so I'm ready to go..
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:17 pm

AK_Weger wrote:All booked for Friday and Saturday night. It is myself and my 4 year old boy Thomas.

Look forward to meeting you all, having a few drinks and probably doing the worst hula dance in history :-)

Put up the new tent in my parents backyard on the weekend, was all good, so I'm ready to go..

GOOD STUFF so now you won't need the guys to assist you at all, I am impressed... Girl Power!!
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AK_Weger » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Oh I shall not speak to quickly to say that I won't need any help, save for having to eat my words on the day :-)

Its a great tent, and a great bed that I bought. Shame it is only for two nights.
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:12 pm

I am so looking forward to meeting you all - I hope you are all 'normal' - I mean not crazy!! :***
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Mad as a cut snake! :shock:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby AK_Weger » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 pm

depends on how you define normal :-)

I think we are ok:-) but then again that is my opinion haha.

I just like a good laugh and I am a happy camper (literally)

Better go watch the tennis..... Lleyton is losing :-(
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:28 am

AK_Weger wrote:Oh I shall not speak to quickly to say that I won't need any help, save for having to eat my words on the day :-)

Its a great tent, and a great bed that I bought. Shame it is only for two nights.

There will be more trips coming up and you can now plan holidays as well. Imagine being able to go camping somewhere for a whole week or better.

And I imagine that if you wanted you could stay on for a couple of extra days. There is no need for you to pack up camp and go when the others do, expecially if you do not have any work committments.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AK_Weger » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Yeah I can imagine I am going to enjoy my camping expeditions :-)

Easter will be great to do alonger stay wherever we may end up. Any suggestions? I will probably need to book somewhere quick I would think..

I do study art, so fortunately I can be flexible and take days off here and there which is a bonus. :-)
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:13 pm

AK_Weger wrote:Yeah I can imagine I am going to enjoy my camping expeditions :-)

Easter will be great to do alonger stay wherever we may end up. Any suggestions? I will probably need to book somewhere quick I would think..

I do study art, so fortunately I can be flexible and take days off here and there which is a bonus. :-)

I especially like Island Reach at Imbil but it can get extremely busy over the Easter period so am not sure if I would recommend it at that time.

You could try any of the following:

Tamborine Mountain Caravan & Camping
http://www.tamborine.info

Borumba Deer Park also at Imbil phone number: 07 5484 5196

Queen Mary Falls
inquiries@queenmaryfallscaravanpark.com.au Phone: 07 4664 7151

Gold Coast Holiday Park
http://www.goldcoastholidaypark.com.au

Neurum Creek Bush Retreat
http://www.ncbr.com.au/

Spring Gully Stays (Canungra) (might be a bit busy over Easter too)
http://www.springgullystays.com.au/
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby AK_Weger » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:35 pm

so helpful... Thankyou:-)
AK_Weger
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm

A Reminder!
Al&Sharon wrote:hi every 1 Ive just recieved a call from Bongaree camping ground tel num (07) 3408 1054 we have 5 booked and deposits paid we have 13 places booked they have advised that deposits need to be paid before end of next weekend Sunday 27th otherwise they will let our spaces go. Those that havnt paid their deposit time is running out. tks Alan
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby ChallengeLee » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm all booked in now too....am looking forward to the weekend.

Another great place is Bigriggen just outside of Rathdowney, an easy not too far away drive from Brissie and very family orientated, is one of my favourite places.
http://www.bigriggen.com.au/index.htm
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby ChallengeLee » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 pm

Just a quick couple of questions....

Is there a communal kitchen or do we need to bring all the neccessities? (E.g. Awnings, tables, bbq, sink, etc)

Are there camp fire areas to cook on close to the camp sites?

Even though the campsites are powered are they still on a grassed area?

My apologies if l've missed the info on the park website but l'm just a little unclear as to what to bring just in case.

Thanks,
Lee
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby Al&Sharon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:33 am

Hi Lee no sorry no fires as for facilitys you can look here

http://www.bongareecaravanpark.com.au/b ... ities.html

we will be taking a large 1800 table most have a table, when we went to sharp park the group had more equipment than anaconda .Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Troyk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:02 am

ChallengeLee wrote:Just a quick couple of questions....

Is there a communal kitchen or do we need to bring all the neccessities? (E.g. Awnings, tables, bbq, sink, etc)

Are there camp fire areas to cook on close to the camp sites?

Even though the campsites are powered are they still on a grassed area?

My apologies if l've missed the info on the park website but l'm just a little unclear as to what to bring just in case.

Thanks,
Lee

I concur with Al, should be right with tables, but you might want to bring some chairs though :grin:

Troyk

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities