Report - *Bribie Island Event Thank You*

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Report - *Bribie Island Event Thank You*

Postby ChallengeLee » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Biggest Thanks of all to Al and Sharon for organising the event. :+

I'm not going to start naming names idividually as l'm hopeless at remembering them all but a big Thank you to all our other campers for making such a big effort and making it all such a wonderful fun event.

The food was absolutely delicious, the desserts yummy, the beers thirst quenching and the company fun filled.

My man child and l had a great time and have found Bribie a new found area to go out and explore further, we both look forward to the next event.

Lee
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby kazzakanary » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:21 pm

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+
Thanks heaps to all - especially Al and Sharon!!
We had an awesome time!! Food was delicious and a 'bit special' for a camping meal!!
It was gr8 to meet so many of you!! Our girls loved it too!!
Can't wait till the next meet!!

BAS and KAREN
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks for everyone turning up, great turn out.

It was a pity we were a bit spread out around the caravan park, something we now for next time. Sorry I didn't catch with you all at the dinner, as I missed the introductions, too busy tending and chasing the kids.

Anyhow next one! :grin:
Last edited by Troyk on Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Good to hear that you all had a good time, but where are the photos

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Yes a good time had by all,and everyone keen for the next time.A big hand for all the youngens,they had a ball and were an absolute delight, Claudia who could talk underwater and was worried i was all by myself,Georgie looking a real stunner in her hula gear and still had the headband on the next morning,the young gentlemen who weren`t afraid to look groovy in their flowered shirts and of course young Tom who took to camping like a duck to water,i`m sure he`s sorry about mums` head.Thanks to PHcamping who was my chauffer and beach buddy,Al for trying his hardest to play the guitar and everyone for their friendly welcome and hospitality.LONG LIVE CAMPING .COM Don`t forget while you are all sleeping i`m at work.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby kazzakanary » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:55 pm

They are downloading now Derek!!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Come on Kazza where are the photos? i have to get to work.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:40 pm

I was planning to start a new thread for the report, but feel free to post your pics, your stories, wild accusations and other assorted anecdotes here! :grin:
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby AussieSunset » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Wow your all home already. Well it was great to meet you all even though I have forgotten most of the names but i dont ever forget a face so by the next time i meet you all again i will have the 2 together lol. It was a great night last night. Glad you all had a good time here on Bribie.

Heather :+

PS cant wait to see the video of Al pulling the boat for the kids :***
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby kazzakanary » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Sorry guys - they took ages to download and we had to get to a family thing.... but here are some.........

kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby will_deness » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:22 pm

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And one helluva feed :***
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Bribie Island

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks everyone for coming on the weekend it was a nice treat for us to finally get a chance to see Bribie and we had a great time on Saturday with everyone. Bill and Jane thanks for cooking, Andy and Angie thanks for bringing the mother of all barbeques cleaning up after us and all, Troy and Jo for organizing the roasts and all your input and yes Al and Sharon for organizing the event, prizes etc. Oh and of course everyone for bringing the very tasty deserts, side dishes, your participation and ongoing support. We more then doubled the turnout this trip had a great crowd and a great bunch of kids which is what its all about. I really hope you enjoyed it and look forward to the next trip away.

:+ :+ :+
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Al&Sharon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:28 pm

hi every 1 well what a great weekend we had from start to finish. a massive tks to Andrew and Chan (Activity Dept) for supplying all the lovely roasts and the fantastic prizes. Poodle jewel won a lovely throw hope it keeps you warm on them cold winter nights , Jan a 10lt fold up water bucket for the times when you will have to get water away from your tent, phil a battery operated light and fan for them hot nights in the trailer, mark a mozzie repeller hope its a little quieter than the air con unit on the caravan you where next to, the little 1s had prizes, too many to mention hope you all liked them kids and all the lollie bags they went down brilliant, the adults even had loolies on the table, tks to Andy&Ang for that super oven it truelly made the evening brilliant, Bill for cooking & carving the roasts, Troy and Jo as with them it wouldnt have had the turn out we had, troy tks for keeping every 1 informed with the updates. And every1 that turned up 11 families in all because without you the events wouldnt be as good the laughs the dress up and decent people thats what makes camping .com SEQ specail.

the caravan park was real busy but we had our own space next to the loos so not to far to travel as the beer flowed :beer and the managment where brilliant they didnt complain once about the loud guitar music :*** . the blow up boat went a treat with the kids it was brilliant to see them all laughing and screaming at row row row your boat have to say though the girls won against the boys with the screaming comp, The weather done us proud it was in the high 30s, the boys Kieth and Joe had me up at 5 30 and running them the beach for thier buggy boarding AJ he laughed so much in the surf it was so lovely to see him and Loclen laughing when each of them got turned over in the waves, At 3 pm the council had a fete on most of our group made candles and had flowers or butterflies painted on thier faces the kids done sand paintings, and I never got to know the outcome guys, what was decided was the juggler male or female,
the birds had a fantistic night hitting Bills car it was covered from bonnet to boot with droppings its as if they said lets see if we can cover the paint work, did you get it all off ok bill I bet you wont park under a tree again . now advice needed phil he was also near the tree in his NEW camper and boy was that hit advice he was looking for how to clean it without damaging the coating if he washes it with warm water would he need to recoat it with a waterepelent .
OK every 1 tks for a super weekend looking forward to the next 1 its been said its a camp cookoff again, so get practicing. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Barby-Q » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:00 am

Thank you every one for the great weekend . It was great to met some new faces and lets hope next time we get to meet even more new faces, as it was truly great. My family from my 18 year old daughter to my 7 year old son had a great time all a bit worn ot this morning but that what camping all about. Andy said he must have fallen asleep as he didn't see any hula girls dancing ,I told him their was but he can't remember falling asleep. :*** .Thank you to AL and Sharon for taking our boys to the surf beach the boys had a great time.

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+
for everyone that showed up to make it another great weekend

ange
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby AK_Weger » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Thankyou to every who made our weekend easy and enjoyable.
Thomas had such a wonderful time.
Special thanks to Andy, Ange and kids for their hospitality and their help putting up our tent and especially to the girls for entertaining Thomas, it was really sweet to see him shower them with cuddles when we left and to hear him say that he would miss them :-).
Thanks to Phil and Juliet for your company Friday night, you are so warm and friendly and I enjoyed your company thoroughly.
Too many people to thank, but a general thankyou to everyone.
Hopefully next time I will get to meet all the people I didn't get a chance to talk to.

:-)
AK_Weger
Camping King

Next

Return to Groups & Activities