Singles Camping Groups

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Singles Camping Groups

Postby Gold Coast Camper » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:37 pm

Does anyone know of any singles camping groups, or groups that are happy to have singles along in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area?. I can only seem to find family or single parent groups, or "swinging" groups. Any information would be appreciated, thanks.
Gold Coast Camper

Postby offroader » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:11 am

hi gold coast camper,

i don't know of any groups on the gold coast (my home town) so i just go out camping and 4x4 driving once a month by myself. my next trip is planned for 26 - 29 jan (aust day weekend). i will probably be going to crows nest nat park - you are more than welcome to tag along. :D

all the best

nick
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby Gold Coast Camper » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:44 am

Thanks for that. I'm actually moving house that weekend, but I appreciate your offer. A friend and I are planning on heading to Crows Nest a couple of weeks after that. I've never been to that area before, I've always tended to head to coastal areas. Any suggestions of the best spots to go?
Gold Coast Camper

Postby offroader » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:18 am

hope your move goes well.

for places to go, :idea: mt mee state forest, jimna state forest, kenilworth state forest, mapleton state forest, anamoor state forest, imbil state forest, glasshouse mountains and the blackall range are all close by (in qld) and easily accessable. in northern nsw there is the border ranges nat park (a stunning place), mebbin nat park, mt warning nat park and nightcap ranges, none of these places are coastal.

if you want coastal there is cooloola nat park, fraser island, moreton island and woodgate nat park all close by. i have been to all these places and each have their own special appeal. :D

i hope these places give you something to think about. if you don't have a 4x4 i wouldn't do the coastal places :!:

all the best

nick
offroader
Boy Scout

Return to Groups & Activities