REPORT - SE QLD Anzac Day weekend at borumba deer park

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

REPORT - SE QLD Anzac Day weekend at borumba deer park

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:44 pm

A fabulous weekend!!! Thanks Troyk for arranging it for us, it was very sociable, the venue was great and who can complain about the food last night? The campoven cook up was a huge success!!

The highlight of the weekend for me was the introduction to "geo caching"... what a great way to do some exploring, get a little exercise and play this awesome GPS game.. I am thinking I could get addicted to it.. lol

Once again, thanks Troyk for organising it for us and I trust everyone got home safely.
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Re: REPORT - SE QLD Anzac Day weekend at borumba deer park

Postby PHCAMPING » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Troy, the same from me, thanks for arranging a great weekend. I wish i could have stayed another night like Andy & Ange did. There was a accident just past Roys Road which caused the delay, still I was home by 2-00pm. Thanks to all, especially Andrew & Merle for finding room for me in their vehicle on the Geocaching outing, it is a great was to have a look around.
Hope to catch up to you all again soon.
Phil.
PHCAMPING
Boy Scout

Postby will_deness » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:17 am

Finally got the internet back on this morning. We had a great time too, thanks to everybody for the great weekend. We had a eventful trip back home, the maleny-woodford rd was cut with a rockslide so we had to detour to landsborough-beerwah-peachester, which was still a nice drive. Then we were held up for 30 mins or so due to a fatal motorcycle accident at Kirkleigh. All in all the scenic route was a nice way to end a great weekend.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 am

I wondered if you had gotten lost Will or were side tracked with some geocaching but I see all is well.

I'd say a few people might now be hooked, would you agree??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby will_deness » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:07 am

gypsylady wrote:I'd say a few people might now be hooked, would you agree??

Let me put it this way. Seeing someone sticking their arm up a hollow log and still having a big smile on their face, I would say the hook was in :P
EDIT: It was hard to have everyone involved on the weekend, it works a lot better in smaller groups but it was still fun ;)
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:36 pm

will_deness wrote:
EDIT: It was hard to have everyone involved on the weekend, it works a lot better in smaller groups but it was still fun ;)

Think I'd be happy to just be an observer, you can keep the arms up hollows logs thank you very much...
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:15 pm

willdenis sorry you had such a hard time getting home, I was gonna go home via woodford-Peachester Road, glad I didnt. the Bruce Highway was easy driving till I got to the Landsborough turn off and so I went down Steve Irwan Way to Caboolture and home to near Bribie. I then went straight to a bbq after unpacking the eskie for another good arvo :+

Let me put it this way. Seeing someone sticking their arm up a hollow log and still having a big smile on their face, I would say the hook was in

... dont worry, I was thinking of that big brown snake about to strike out at me.. lol, however, that plastic container full of toys was worth the risk... giggle giggle
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:17 am

Toys, what toys did you find aussiegal??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Thu May 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Hey stop teasing! any pictures?

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Al&Sharon » Fri May 02, 2008 7:15 pm

well what a great weekend it was the weather was perfect and the campsites just great . The children loved feeding the deer, the disco was a great success, pity about the cookoff I only got left overs as I was to slow with my roast but what was left was so tasty I did get the curry which was lovely and scored some of that yummy pumkin soup that every 1 devoured, Still didnt see a platyus Gina Locky Aj and Andy and I where up first light but they where nowhere to be seen so I still havnt seen 1. Thanks have to go to andrew and fam for introducing geo-cach my kids are hooked. Troy many tks for a brilliant weekend gathering without your imput none of this would have happened you come out champs again mate :+ :+ :+ . had a good trip home went steve irwin way traffic was heavy so stopped off for a feed and a couple of scooners at the etamogah pub alas the traffic cleared so had to leave cant wait for the next get together thanks to evey 1 that turned up see you all next trip. Al
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby will_deness » Sun May 04, 2008 1:42 am

One of the boys can't find a little uniden 2way from the weekend. anyone end up with one two way too many?
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Barby-Q » Sun May 04, 2008 6:08 am

No, our two are on charge beside me , but I will ask the kids when they wake up where they seen your boys with them last.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 am

will_deness wrote:One of the boys can't find a little uniden 2way from the weekend. anyone end up with one two way too many?

Nothing this end. Have you asked the park? You just don't know someone may have picked it up. :)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby will_deness » Sun May 04, 2008 9:48 am

I will give the park a ring.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Frilly » Sun May 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Sorry Will... I've checked my gear and it's not stowed away with the bugs and grass!
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Next

Return to Groups & Activities