Family Camping in brisbane

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Family Camping in brisbane

Postby usandone » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:44 am

Are there any family camping groups in brisbane? we have a small fourbie and semi off road camper trailer and are looking for people or a club to get away with on w/ends and enoy the great outdoors with.Its great to get away but it is more interesting to go with a group and have activities and a lot more fun So if there is no groups how about forming one IS ANYBODY INTERESTED? if so contact us
average couple in our 4o's with a 6 yr girl and wish to meet a nice circle of friends to go fishing and camping with. We have a small fourbie with semi off road camp trailer we are easygoing enjoy a cold beer on a hot day and keen fishers
usandone

Postby Eric and Jo » Wed May 17, 2006 3:38 pm

Sounds good to us.
We are a couple with a youngish dogso we try to go places we can take her, she is freindly and generaly well behaved. We work hard at keeping her that way, especialy as she is a black tag dog from the RSPCA (cruelty case). She has some issuse but as i said she IS freindly and loveable.
We will contact you on our next weekend, which is likely to be when the weather warms up a bit.
We allso have a small 4x4, but no camper, so dont mind slightly rougher places to go.
If it aint broke dont fix it.
Eric and Jo

Hi

Postby pajeropaul » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:48 am

sounds good to me too yes i can relate to going by one self we are in our 40 and as though all our kids have left home we take them with us when they want but I paul normaly go by self at time the lady comes too but mostly by self we have a almost full set out 4x4 and always looking for people to join for a camping weekend or just a day out is nice, we are loganlea area and looking to meet new people with same interst thats all i have to say thanks Paul..
are looking for places to get away and camp and maybe join some one on a camp or trip and looking for a local person to with similar interest as have now friends in this area
pajeropaul

Postby Barby-Q » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:16 am

Hello That sounds a great idea how about a day trip first , The condamine gorge trip is a great day out . great scenic drive, some 4wding and could have lunch at Queen Mary falls. See Condamine Gorge trip for details.
Last edited by Barby-Q on Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby cedargroovers » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:20 pm

hey guys,
not sure if were wot you're looking for..? but were wanting to get back into camping etc.

love to hear from you!
Marty n Tracey
cedargroovers
Boy Scout

Postby Barby-Q » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:31 am

G'day cedargroovers, what are we looking for? is to get this thing started. A day trip first , then the camping trips . The attendance will be slow to start with but it will improve after a few trips .everyone seems to want something like this . Not everyone will be able to make it on some trips ,so I think a camping trip once a month close to Brisbane just to get the ball rolling . Member participation in location ,times and Ideas would be appreciated. Things we need to sort out is what members are setup for (overnight / weekends /or longer ) . So can we expect to see you on the condamine gorge trip? By the way there is a camping ground over the road from Queen Mary Falls .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

camping

Postby pajeropaul » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:37 am

hi group yes count me in this group tooas thats what i am looking for and as for condamine trip not sure if can make a day cos i am off to to dubbo and on way back doing 5 or 6 days parked up camping some where as this our annual holiday we leave 27 july back about thr 9 or 10 august thanks
are looking for places to get away and camp and maybe join some one on a camp or trip and looking for a local person to with similar interest as have now friends in this area
pajeropaul

Postby Scolers » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:58 pm

Why not start a new thread with a specific heading for this trip?

Good luck!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Barby-Q » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:05 pm

There is , but no one has replied to it. Maybe I should change the Heading.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:49 am

Fair enough ... maybe somethng like "Brisbane Members Get-together" ... ? Put in all the details and then let this thread know it has been done.

If it works I'd say you'd be one of the first groups to get together from this board.

At last!

;)

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:47 am

I 've done it .So see how we go.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Return to Groups & Activities