Bigriggen stays

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Bigriggen stays

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:12 am

If the proposed new dam goes ahead at Rathdowney Qld the Bigriggan camping park will close . We liked going there . the space , open fires and happy kids on bikes
Has anyone else been there ? what did you like about it ?
Last edited by Barby-Q on Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Bigriggan camping park

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:26 pm

Nope haven’t been there and by the sounds of i, I don't think I will get the chance. Lets hope they put a campground on the waters edge once it is full. What happens to all the wild life if they fill it all up with water? :?
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:47 am

Bigriggan at Rathdowney stays . The Dam is going to Wyaralong . Boonah /Beaudesert road . so if you haven't been yet . get out there. Its about ten minutes from Rathdowney on the Rathdowney / Boonah road turn left before the Logan river , about 1k in on the right is a dirt road with a grid, go along that to the end .It can be a long way to the showers /toilets thats why there are so many pushbikes . It is funny to see Mums & Dads and kids bikes .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Ingenious » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:17 pm

:D I agree that it is a top spot to spend a quiet weekend lazing about at Bigriggen & not to far to travel for us either, I hope they do put some more camping spots around the new dam to & allow us on & in the water too!
Cheeers
Ingenious
Camping King

Postby stevo. » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:47 pm

I haven't been to Bigriggen for maybe 15 years. I first went there as a kid, maybe 26 years ago and it was great with the running creek and nice picnic areas. I then returned about 15 years ago and it seemed very different, like a cattle paddock and i was pretty dissapointed and haven't been there since.

Has anyone got any recent photos they can post?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Bigriggen

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:45 pm

Found this at http://www.bigriggen.com.au/html. I bet they are happy the dam diddn't go ahead.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Return to Groups & Activities