Took the tinnie out for a test run today at Borumba Dam/Lake.
On the way there we saw a "Road Closed Ahead" sign, and i was a bit concerned about flooded bridges, we crossed a few bridges that were close to being under and then the last bridge (closest to the dam) was under! ... I hadn't seen it like that before so i walked it first, i was a bit worried about holes in the road, but it was pretty good and you could see people had driven out the other side, so we went through no problem.
We arrived at the dam and there was only a few 4wds there (ski boat peoples).
After an initial "no fuel to motor problem" (got a bit worried here) .. then it burst in to life and we were off... first outing for the tinnie and the trim was all wrong, after a few stops and adjustments we had increased the speed by 6kph up to 15kph. (my mate had to sit on the front to keep it down
We mucked around with different lures and locations for 6 hours, saw some promising areas but didn't get any action. We tried in the open, close in shore, in amongst trees, we had quite a few snags on trees which we retrieved 100% of them, i lost a crappy lure after just putting it on and casting and watching it fly in to the distance with no line attached.
While my mate was mucking around with a mess of line on his reel a nice storm came over and it was looking a bit nasty so after 6 hours we decided to call it a day.
No fish, but overall wasn't too bad a day, it was a good test for the tinne and fishing gear.
We're complete noobs when it comes to freshwater fishing so we weren't too worried about no fish, we still had a good day out.
pic of the rain... it wasn't too bad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net