editing spam

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

editing spam

Postby freerocketman1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:02 pm

i wish that there was a edit button or something so that us members that dont have admin privelevges can delete spam while there on line,like carol who was posting when i got on line & when i loged in i scared her or it away :x
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Scolers » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:05 pm

Yeah s/he has buggered up afew posts ... just have to grin and bare it ...

:#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Its pretty annoying for all involved, but the trouble is that if we were to give editing privileges to everyone, then anyone could edit/delete other people and their posts :shock: . Can't really have that.

I'm usually on here at least once a day and Act_dept is too. Between us we delete anywhere from 3-15 spammers a day, which all takes time, and even more if they manage to post anything, cause then we have to delete each individual post before deleting the user, otherwise the system mucks up. viewtopic.php?t=1033 have a look there, that was only over about 4 days, and I gave up pretty quick cause it was taking even longer editing that post :***

Like scol said, just have to live with it.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Fonty » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:21 am

I moderate on two other forums and it is exactly the same. The spammers have gotten hold of the php forums and there's not a lot anyone seems to be able to do about it. We're all bound to see one or two now and then but considering the amount of spammers attacking daily it could be a lot worse.

Andrew.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Kramer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:58 am

I hang out of a few forums and I am staff on an online game spammers are getting worse and worse everywhere right now, pity there isn't much we can do about it. Some fourms have a manual sign up procedure but that can be a pain for all involved.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.