Posting Pics

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

Re: Posting Pics

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:30 am

I found it easy through Flicka as you can choose the size to post on forums. I usually choose medium size. Then its just a matter of copying the url to your post with the img thingy.
I use irfanview as well but mainly use it for just looking at pics. Good little program. but for anything else it's photoshop for me.
Morton Is storm coming in at the wrecks.
Image
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
User avatar
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Bribie Island, QLD

Re: Posting Pics

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:40 am

AussieSunset wrote:I found it easy through Flicka as you can choose the size to post on forums. I usually choose medium size. Then its just a matter of copying the url to your post with the img thingy.
I use irfanview as well but mainly use it for just looking at pics. Good little program. but for anything else it's photoshop for me.


Isn't Flickr a web hosting thing??

It is workinn through Picasa so will leave it at that for the moment.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Posting Pics

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:48 am

gypsylady wrote:
Isn't Flickr a web hosting thing??

It is workinn through so will leave it at that for the moment.


I thought Picasa is the same as Flicka. Flicka is through yahoo. I just never liked picasa much as it messed with my PC a bit and found Flicka easier.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
User avatar
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Bribie Island, QLD

Re: Posting Pics

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:00 am

AussieSunset wrote:I thought Picasa is the same as Flicka. Flicka is through yahoo. I just never liked picasa much as it messed with my PC a bit and found Flicka easier.


No with Picasa the pics stay on my PC, they don't sit on the web. Have been using if for a number of years and so far no PC probs.

Now...when it comes to people using that bloody Incredimail, that sure plays havoc with my PC.

I have put a block on one of my so called 'friends' emails because she just will not stop using it or sending me emails.

It is her choice to use it but I sure wish she would not keep sending me emails. That one is my big bone of contention...
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Posting Pics

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:06 am

Here is another pic which haas been reduced with Picasa.. I think it is simply that I know this software.

This is my very basic no fuss camp setup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Posting Pics

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:27 am

Ah thats right about picasa, i remember it well now i hated it. I like to have control of where my pic's are put and it didnt like to do that. Anyway i like to have some on the net anyway as i am on a few forums mainly photography ones. I only use flicka for posting as a lot of forums wont host the pic's as it cuts into their bandwidth. So by being on a host pic site it's less for the forum to store. A lot of busy forums have gone that way to save $$ of running it. that is the reasons i have been given anyway.
With flicka i dont have to resize or anything it does it for me for posting.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
User avatar
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Bribie Island, QLD

Re: Posting Pics

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:37 am

AussieSunset wrote:Ah thats right about picasa, i remember it well now i hated it. I like to have control of where my pic's are put and it didnt like to do that. Anyway i like to have some on the net anyway as i am on a few forums mainly photography ones. I only use flicka for posting as a lot of forums wont host the pic's as it cuts into their bandwidth. So by being on a host pic site it's less for the forum to store. A lot of busy forums have gone that way to save $$ of running it. that is the reasons i have been given anyway.
With flicka i dont have to resize or anything it does it for me for posting.



Way too technical for me AS. Picasa does the resizing also, I just have to email it to myself.

All this forum stuff and pics loses me...

Words and the ability to use them are my strong point...
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Posting Pics

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Why can I post pics under some topics and not others???
Image
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:50 am
Location: SEQld

Re: Posting Pics

Postby funnymummy7 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:51 pm

I use a program called ACDSEE so easy you just click resize and then it up or down whatever way you want to go.
funnymummy7
Boy Scout
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:10 pm
Location: Penrith NSW

Re: Posting Pics

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi gypsylady, that might be me with the settings again each has to be set to allow so if you come across one that doesn't allow PM me and I will change the settings to allow :oops:

Merry Christmas
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
User avatar
Activity_Dept
Site Admin
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:42 am
Location: Gold Coast

Previous

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron