camping info

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

camping info

Postby pianoman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:46 pm

:hello: Hi all just joined your forum and I'm hoping for some info. I'm 63yrs and I'm looking at going for a trip round australia starting in Nov 2009.I will be on a budget and at this stage I will be towing a camping trailer.The info Im looking for first is places to stay over nite which are free, could some help me with this info or am I expecting to much thinking that I may be able to pull up and spend a nite/couple days for free rather than having to pay what the caravan parks charge.
pianoman

Re: camping info

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Hello pianoman and WELCOME to the forum. Looks like you will be living the dream, so good on you.

My very first recommendation is to purchase the Camps Australia Wide 5 book. If you belong to a motor club...(you don't say where you are from) then I recommend you purchase through them and get it at a discounted price.

This publication is the 'bible' for most if not all travellers and I have no doubt it will pay for itself very quickly.

My second lot of info is that showgrounds in most towns often offer cheaper camping & often with power, showers & toilts.

Thirdly.....search all the old posts here on this forum....you will discover quite a wealth of information.

Additionally you can also try this link http://ozcamps.net/

Cheers.....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.