Wanted Box Trailer & Fridge/Freezer Redlands QLD

List your stuff for sale or wanted here. Outdoor furniture, home, gardening, clothing, anything really except motor vehicles or real estate as that is catered for below. Post or sell offer here for free. (Add you suburb, buy or sell and item to heading we will organise letter).

Wanted Box Trailer & Fridge/Freezer Redlands QLD

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi we are looking for the following.

Box trailer that we can use to take up the beach ets. Must be in good condition, registered and not a rust bucket.

Engel or a wakko fridge and freezer thats in good condition.

Tarp poles and guy ropes.

Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:22 pm

Chick,

Have you looked at new trailers. Its hard to find a good second hand one. There is a couple places around, at Capalaba and Birkdale.

What you need for the beach is something that is light and has the same wheel spacings as your tow rig to reduce the drag.

Last weekend there were a few on display at the Mates Rates Camping Sale on birkdale Rd. Trailer 2000 I think was the brand. Based at Birkdale somewhere.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:07 pm

Thanks Troy,
I have been getting a few prices on new ones and I honestly think thats going to be the best way to go. Aussie A1 Trailers at Ormeau have had the best prices so far. Looking at a heavy duty, hot dipped, long drawbar and high clearance, high sides. Can get this from $1100.00 and up.
Trailers 2000

Hi Troy,
I have been pricing new ones and think it waould be the best way to go. We are after a heavy duty, hot dipped, high sides, high clearance and longer drawbar to put behind the Landcruiser.
Aussie A1 Trailers at Ormeau have good prices and the trailers are very very well made. Pick one up from $1,050 to $1,300. Most likely get the cheaper one without all the extra gadgets and Shane can put all the other stuff on it and close it all in etc.
Trailers 2000 for the above without high clearance is $1,490 and not hot dipped- they are straight gal.
Cheers :beer
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:09 pm

LOL oppsssss

I thought I deleted the first responce. Must have leant on the enter button. Sorry about that
:*** :*** :***
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Just a tip, when you add the extra gadgets, bear in mind that you need to balance the trailer so it doesn't put excessive load on the towball. :)
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 pm

Thanks Troy for the tip
:beer
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:17 am

NO LONGER NEEDED

We have now purchased a new engel
Building our own trailer

Cheers,
Chick
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby s4j » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:22 am

Troyk wrote:Chick,

Have you looked at new trailers. Its hard to find a good second hand one. There is a couple places around, at Capalaba and Birkdale.

What you need for the beach is something that is light and has the same wheel spacings as your tow rig to reduce the drag.

Last weekend there were a few on display at the Mates Rates Camping Sale on birkdale Rd. Trailer 2000 I think was the brand. Based at Birkdale somewhere.

there is a trailer place right beside Mates Rates...they share the same building...get any bargains at the Sale Troy??? we looked at the solar panel...just doing some more research...not sure if it gives the supply we need...
The camera's are mine...the closest he will get is holding the umbrella when it rains.
s4j
Camping King

Postby Troyk » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:16 am

s4j wrote:there is a trailer place right beside Mates Rates...they share the same building...get any bargains at the Sale Troy??? we looked at the solar panel...just doing some more research...not sure if it gives the supply we need...

Bought a moulded plastic table. Folds in half to go into camper trailer, but is quite stable.

Troyk

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:02 am

yeah I saw those... the table was great but I was a bit worried about the chairs to match.... not very sturdy to sit on as the plastic sagged... and no its not cause I have a big bum :***
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:15 am

Yeah, we bought the chairs as well, mainly so the kids could sit properly at the table.

Yep, could not handle my weight, and they sagged. Not to woory I will bend them back and not sit on them again. :grin:

Troyk

Return to Buy & Sell