looking to buy camping gear- melborn(st kilda)

List your stuff for sale or wanted here. Outdoor furniture, home, gardening, clothing, anything really except motor vehicles or real estate as that is catered for below. Post or sell offer here for free. (Add you suburb, buy or sell and item to heading we will organise letter).

looking to buy camping gear- melborn(st kilda)

Postby maz » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:54 pm

we just bought a car(wagon) we wanna drive around all of australia so wee will need to [b]buy the gear [/b]for it:
[b]matress; gas coocker; tent for 2 ; ice cooler; pots & pans ; coocking stuff and road maps...[/b]if u wanna sell please contact us:
mazzi & erez : 041-676-0592
we r staying at st kilda melborn
thx!! :wink: [/b]
maz

Seriously

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:32 am

maz wrote:we just bought a car(wagon) we wanna drive around all of australia so wee will need to buy the gear for it:

I used to to deal with "wanna" back in the day, I can share my experience with you, if you want.
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:28 pm

:? 5 posts christine and i understand none of them :mrgreen: .... maybe i've had to much beer.....or maybe not enough :wink: ... nehow...
Maz, out of all that stuff, the only things i'd guess you can/should get 2nd hand would be tent, ice cooler, and matresses (but eewww, 2nd hand mattress?? :P )... as far as tents go, if your 2 people, got for a 3 person + tent, and i'd even reccomend getting one you can stand up in, much more comfortable. But, if you can suffice with tarps, i'd say swags are the best, but i'm biased and used to roughing it a bit more. If you were comfortable with the swag idea, you can even get a rooftop cargo tray sort of thing, that you could also sleep on (away from spiders/snakes), depending of course how wide your wagon is :mrgreen: for a cheapo 3 persone tent, >$100, a half decent one, $150-200, and a top of the line one prolly around 300 i think, but too much coin IMO, why spend $300+ on something you only use for 1/4 of a camping day :mrgreen:

Ice cooler (or ice boxes i assume you mean?) are awesome, I have a 52L tropical ice box, retails for around $190, and in stinking hot weather the ice has lasted a good 3 days, but was still cold for about 5 (just had a bit too much water though :( )
Gas cookers: IMO cant go past the cheap $20 ones from K-mart and alike, refill canisters are about $2ea and should last 3days of 2 meals a day easy. The bigger, more expensive ones that hook up to a gas bottle are too big and bulky, and overkill unless your feeding a family. I've got 2 of the cheapo's so i have 2 burners... on for the pasta and one for the sauce Image

Mattresess: DONT CHEAP OUT ON THIS ONE!!! You'll regret it, your already roughing it, the last thing you need is a lousy nights sleep, and a sore back in the morning. You can get a half decent on at Clarke rubber for about $60, this is what I have and is very comfortable, combined with the crappy thin one that came with the swag.

Pots and pans and cooking stuff you can find all the time at garage sales, or just get sum cheapo ones from Woolies. As far as road maps go, go to a map shop, get exactly what you need rather than jut getting bits and pieces 2nd hand, would be a bit time consuming but if your patient i suppose you;d save sum bucks.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:11 pm

Ozzycamperboy

Christine is a spammer. Not only that the link in her website has a trojan virus in it.

She needs to be deleted from the site.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 pm

derek wrote:Ozzycamperboy

Christine is a spammer. Not only that the link in her website has a trojan virus in it.

She needs to be deleted from the site.

Derek

Well that would explain alot, unfortunately my 'license to kill' forum members has been revoked :evil: , so will have to wait till the admins get back from what I assume is their vacation period... but if anyone got a virus outta 'her'(christine), this is the IP address and host that they posted from: 64.110.74.244 host-64-110-74-244.leuk.ses-americom.net , feel free to get revenge :twisted: :mrgreen: , if you can.

I'll put a little warning in their posts but i can only do it it sections that I'm a mod
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Return to Buy & Sell