CT repair update

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

CT repair update

Postby jollyroger » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:21 pm

For those who know of my predicament - where one of the welded poles in my camper trailer snapped at the weld a 45 degree angle.

I took the CT in last Tuesday expecting the worst. Then Mick from CAS Canvas took one look at it said this doesn't look good! :shock: :shock:

After a little messing around we discovered that it wasn't as bad as it looked.
It appears the corners are sheaths and the poles go into it. So only the sheath snapped and we only have to replace the sheath. :lol: :lol:

The intial quote was around $400-$500...But now should be about $40 to $50 :+ :+ :+

So more time and money for :beer
Will let you know the full price when I pick it up.
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby RYAINS » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm

gotta be happy about that :?# good to see somone actually come out better off for a change! everywhere you turn now someone is at you for money.
Can't wait for next summer!.... or a camp trailer :-)
RYAINS
Camping Veteran

Postby Kramer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:44 pm

Awesome good to see some nice service for once, they could have easily ripped you off if you were prepared to pay for it.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby jollyroger » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:27 pm

Even better news!

I pick up tomorrow and it's $40 and he (Mick) will re-install the poles. Can't wait to go campin' now.

:*** :*** :***
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Return to General Chit-Chat