Back from Fraser Island

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Back from Fraser Island

Postby katthing » Wed May 30, 2007 10:30 am

Well what a trip! we had a ball camping. The kids LOVED it and didn't want to come home.

We did some real 4 x 4 stuff and lets just say it nearly brought tears to husbands eyes :*** He couldn't believe he brought a new car with 400kms on the clock to Fraser!

We got stuck at Eli Creek at high tide and went through the salt water! Husband had a dummy spit :***

Yesterday the car went in for a wheel balance, alignment and rotation :roll: Today it is getting a full detail, inside, outside, under body and engine :roll: Tomorrow it is going in for a service :roll:

I must say I think we took half of Frasers sand off the island! lol It got quite rough at times even though husband took it very very very very slowly on the tracks.

I would say it will be a long long time before we go there again!

The Prado took it all in its stride, it just was perfect on Fraser. We didn't even need the low range, just cruised around at Hi Low (not sure what that means but it is what husband said) even at Indian Head.
wife to one, mum to two
katthing
Camping King

Postby katthing » Wed May 30, 2007 11:06 am

Our Camp site. The tent was terrific, we had some rain and it held up really well. It was big enough to put two single camp beds and one blow up queen bed plus enough room for kids to play around in. The awaning was great, somewhere to sit in the rain. Lucky the rain held off while packing up and as soon as the gear was all in the car we had a light shower.

The Prado held up a treat :+
wife to one, mum to two
katthing
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Wed May 30, 2007 11:12 am

Thanks for the write up and pics!

Can you remind me if you have the deisel or petrol Prado?

Cheers ...

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby katthing » Wed May 30, 2007 11:26 am

April build D4D Turbo Diesel .................... nice car :armsup
wife to one, mum to two
katthing
Camping King

Postby Komodo » Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 pm

Nice rig

Looks like fraser was fun. Might have to see if Kel will let me take the 'trol up next year!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Wed May 30, 2007 12:17 pm

katthing wrote:April build D4D Turbo Diesel .................... nice car :armsup

That explains the lack of low 4wd!

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to General Chit-Chat